Surgery Tomorrow-Bowel prep problem? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Tomorrow-Bowel prep problem? Surgery Tomorrow-Bowel prep problem?

Unread 06-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Surgery Tomorrow-Bowel prep problem?

I am sooooooo uncomfortable! I started my bowel prep at 2:00pm today per doctors orders. I drank 8 ounces every 15 minutes of that horrible stuff as directed. It said to stop when the efluent was clear which took about 2 1/2 hours. I wound up having to drink a little more than half of the gallon (yuck!) but here I am 3 1/2 hours later still running to the bathroom! Besides being sore all over, I am scheduled for surgery at 7:30am and afraid that it isn't going to stop! My DH is worried about me dehydrating and keeps giving me fluids but they are going through me. Has this happened to anybody else? I don't want anything happening to postpone the surgery, I have already waited over a month for it and am afraid the cancer could be spreading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2006, 09:05 PM

Just keep drinking your water until the time you are supposed to stop. I had to stop drinking at midnight. I was worried myself because it wasn't working very well. One hour before surgery I finally had my explosion (sorry about that graphic picture). Use baby wipes for your sore bum...you'll feel tons better.
Unread 06-01-2006, 09:40 PM

I had to do this kind of prep for the colonoscopy. I was still going to the bathroom that morning about an hour before the procedure. They assured me it was ok. Hopefully, your system will calm down. Good luck!

Stephanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2006, 09:54 PM

Thanks for your words of encouragement and luck! I sure hope my system does calm down and soon. I didn't think I would get much sleep tonight anyway, but now I am afraid to go to sleep! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am which means leaving at 4:45 the way I feel now I don't think I could make the car ride without stopping to find a bathroom on the way...and what is going to be open at that time???? I thought I was doing so good handling the surgery and diagnosis but this seems to be the icing on the cake and is stressing me out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register