Is c-Section like a Hysterectomy? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is c-Section like a Hysterectomy? Is c-Section like a Hysterectomy?

Unread 06-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Is c-Section like a Hysterectomy?

Thanks for the info. Scheduled TAH June 14. Going for preopt items this week. Had 2 c-sections over 25 years ago. Eyesurgery, thyroid surgery,lump removed from breast, and wrist surgery. I bounced back very fast from each. My concern is expecting too much from myself. I do know my limitations of no heavy lifting and I do follow doctors orders. However, I worry about depression with hormones out of wack and not being able to be on the go. So I took a friends suggestion she wish she would have done at the time of her surgery and I have scheduled a tummy tuck to go along with my surgery. With the c-sections I had a baby to keep my mind off the pain. Perhaps having the 6" vertical scar from the c-sections removed and a flat stomach will perk me up for next summer. Has any one else made this dicision?
celcar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2006, 12:17 PM

I have a notebook I am taking notes in and writing down questions for the Doc. I have to have SAH so they can look for Endo, I have so much bowel pain, I'm concernd my Endo could be in hard to find places. Of course my Doc still says I might not have Endo...even though I had Lapo 7 years ago to "clean" some out. He says since I have had 2 babies my chances are slim. I am not concerned about his opinion about the Endo, because he is willing to go in and help me relieve my pain and then treat the Endo "if" he finds any. My last Doc said I was crazy and he wouldn't do anything but treat my pain with hormones and then give me meds for my dangerous mood swings that come with me being on hormones. Of course I no longer see that man!!
Unread 06-04-2006, 12:20 PM

I haven't had c-section but did have TAH/BS0 with vertical incision may 17, 2006. I didn't think I really had a problem until Feb. 2006 as i gave up complaining about pain years ago. Turns out I had large chocolate cyst- likely endo for 20 years which required bowels to be "rearranged".

Just be prepared not to do much for a couple of weeks & line up your helpers/friends, etc.. I'm 50 & was in good shape going into the surgery. What's really slowing me down is serious gas pains that nothing touches. No one told me about that possibility.

I too didn't really want the surgery as I did feel much better for a few months before the surgery than I do now but I know that in the long run, things could have been much worse if I had waited. Keep your date but make a list of questions you want answered.

I was very lucky that my hospital had a 2 hr preadmission clinic appt. for me 2 weeks before surgery- especially since they also had to accomodate my needs due to MCS- Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.

Hang in there- I am told that it does get better "on the other side"!

CanoeKeji!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2006, 01:13 PM

Hey tink,
I had major bowel pains too and thats why my doc said I needed the TAH...the position of my endo was in between my uterus and my rectum. Fun.
Unread 06-04-2006, 04:10 PM

i had 2 csection the most recent was 14 years ago..it wasnt bad but im older and didnt have a baby to preoccupy my time..but its not that bad at all..at least it wasnt for me.
Unread 06-05-2006, 02:08 PM

I cancelled, I am just not ready, I feel like i've let eveyone down!
Unread 06-05-2006, 02:49 PM

You didn't let anyone down! You have to do what is right for you and your family. I just hope you are open to the idea in the future. It doesn't sound as if you had much time to really think about it in the first place. I have been asking for my surgery for almost 4 years now, so when I got a doc to agree, I was happy. Take your time and do more research and even get a second opinion. Just please make sure you don't ever put your health at risk. Good luck and please know that we care!
Unread 06-05-2006, 02:55 PM

Bravo for making the right decision for you. You would have let us down if you had gone into the surgery not completely convinced it was necessary. I am proud of you. Take some time and do your research and stay here and ask questions. Let us know how you are doing. We care about YOU, not your decision about surgery.
Unread 06-05-2006, 02:57 PM

emichal

Have you had surgery for Endo in the past then? I had a Lapo about 7 years ago and 2 babies since...I think my Endo is back, the Docs all say they don't think so. At least we all will know on the 20th.
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:04 PM

I had the two c sections, as well as cryo for precancerous cells in the cervix and then 3 weeks ago i lapro for endo...but, he wasn't able to treat it and he discoverd like 3 other things that were wrong on top of the endo. so i went thru the lapro and came out with no relief, just to learn a TAH and RSO was my only real option.

I have been complaining for years (went thru three docs before one would do an ultrasound...the ultra sound led to the lapro ...and here we are today...that was all in a matter 1 month!) Anyway, I always thought, "something is seriously wrong with me , or I am one crazy chick"...My docs kept pointing to the latter ...but, HA HA i was right.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register