ongoing bm issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ongoing bm issues ongoing bm issues

Unread 06-06-2006, 02:38 AM
ongoing bm issues

Hi.
I haven't posted for a long time. My recovery from my spine fusion has kept me away for the most part. I am now on disability retirement, because of my back. I am also going to a pain management dr. I have had 2 ESI's and using a TENS unit and on Morphine ER and percocet (prn)for pain. I thought the nerves being compressed in my spinal column was causing the constipation. It has been 7 months since the fusion and decompression surgery. Things are just not improving withthe bms. I eat fiber and continue with colace 2 x a day. I am also taking Miralax twice a day and now have added enulose syrup. I usually have to add a glycerin suppository in order to produce a bm.I have a nagging pain that feels like it is inbetween my vagina and rectum.It goes down into the top of my left leg. I mentioned this to my PM dr. He just brushes it off as scar tissue. I had a rectocele and enterocele repaired in Jan. 2005. I just have to push sooooooo hard in order to go. I also have been having alot of gas slip out. I am becoming more and more concerned. I hate to even think it may be from some sort of prolapse again. I don't see a bulge inside. I looked with a mirrow. My bottom of the vagina always looks like it is up higher than before my repairs. I am thinking about calling the colon rectal office back and see if I can get the defeco scheduled that I cancelled around my back surgery time.
Have any of you experience this sharp, nagging pain in that area? I feel it everytime I go walking or sometimes just standing. It also does that alot of times after intimacy. I just don't know where to go anymore. I am so sick and tired of dr appts. I do know however that this straining thing has got to quit. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2006, 02:54 AM
ongoing bm issues

Peggy, I can't help, but I do feel for you. I know you were around at the time of my hyster in April 2004 and I am so sorry you are still having all these problems with BMs.
I can really understand that you are sick of doctors, but I would go back and have that defeco to see if anything shows up. You shouldn't have to strain like that and you ceratinly don't want to damage the rectocele repairs you had done.
Hang on in there. Barbara x
Unread 06-06-2006, 11:19 PM
ongoing bm issues

I called the rectal office this morning. The practioner I Had seen several times last year won't be in until tomorrow (Wed). I left a message on her machine, so I am sure she will call me. I told her I need to have the defecto done. I haven't gone in 3 days and I am starting to be very uncomfortable. I am also hurting tonight in that rectum vagina area. I'll let you know what they will be doing with me. The good thing is the uro/gyn who did my cystocele and tvt is now working in with the colon rectal surgeon. If I need more work done it could be all done at the same time.I never thought I ever wanted to have another defecto, but I do !
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2006, 12:29 PM
ongoing bm issues

The practioner just called me back. She is telling her scheduler to get me in for a defecograpgy. It isn't the most pleasant test (I had one in 04) but it may give me answers.
Peggy
Unread 06-08-2006, 02:27 PM
ongoing bm issues

Good luck Peggy...
Unread 06-08-2006, 03:15 PM
ongoing bm issues

good luck, I have alot of pain and pressure and pain that radiates down my left leg. I went to a physical therapist and she told me that i am not relaxing my pelvic floor. It never relaxes. She is teachining me how to relax, because she says that if I dont i will not be able to bowel movemnets. She says she treats women with this problem all the time, especiallt women who have alot of pelvic surgery. I dont know if this will help me, but I figure it cant hurt. And i do realize that i am not relaxing . So maybe try a PT for a while. It sure gets depressing, don't it? I had my tvh in June of 05, and still have pain and pressure. hope your test show somtehing. Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register