Chemo Postponed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chemo Postponed Chemo Postponed

Unread 06-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Chemo Postponed

Well, I knew that there was always a possibility that this day would come, but I didn't think it would be as soon as the third treatment.

Apparently the Neupogen didn't work very well because the doctor felt that my white count was still too low (even though it had come up) for chemo today. I'm rescheduled for next Tuesday (provided my counts are up) and then a Neulasta shot on Thursday - yuck! He also feels that the Aranesp is not working so they took a bunch of blood today and am going to check my iron (along with a bunch of other stuff), and if it's low I'll be getting an IV iron supplement on Tuesday and they'll most likely switch me to Procrit.

Ahhhhh the joys of chemo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Chemo Postponed

I know what it is like to have your treatment postponed. It upset my whole schedule and how I wanted things to go. It only happened to me twice. It was devistating but I did feel much much better by the next scheduled appointment.
My oncologist does not believe in those shots. She much prefers to have blood levels come up on their own and not put your body into a falseness. I know that each doctor treats differently and we each need to trust our own.
Do not despair. Have a wonderful good feeling weekend instead.
Rosalie
Unread 06-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Chemo Postponed

Just stopping by to send you a bunch of

Hey, one thing I can guarantee you. You won't have an appendicitis attack this weekend. Ok, you can smack me up the side of the head for that one.

All kidding aside, I am so sorry you're going through this. Hope things go more smoothly next week.

I wish you the best.
Kat3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Chemo Postponed

Unread 06-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Chemo Postponed

Having chemo delayed due to counts is not that uncommon. On my first series, I had to go to 4 weeks. vs. 3 because of my platelets. It is frustrating and discouraging, but that chemo will come.
Unread 06-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Chemo Postponed

I remember hearing someone say, if this is what the chemo is doing to you, imagine what it's doing to any cancer cells that might be left behind?! Of course, that was a general response given for someone who was experiencing any discomfort after chemo. I think the same analogy can be made, though, as respects what the chemo does to our blood counts! Still kicking some cancer butt!

Hope your counts bounce back quickly!
Unread 06-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Chemo Postponed

Me too...my counts were too low two or even three times during my 6 rounds of carbo/taxol. My doc, like Rosalie's, didnt' think I needed the shots and just gave me the week ..sometimes as little as 3 days...to have those counts come up.

I remember being upset, and worried. But it all worked out, I was able to finish my 6 treatments in a timely manner.
hang in there, you will too.
xoxo
k9

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register