Help..I want to just run away - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help..I want to just run away Help..I want to just run away

Unread 06-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Help..I want to just run away

July 2005 when I was told I needed a TAH it completely freaked me out. And I postponed the op. Looking back now I know it was a mistake. I suffered and suffered for months for absolutely nothing. I should have gone forward with the procedure.

It's my 12th day today after TAH and I feel fine. You will be in good hands. You will have the best of care.

Before my TAH, with every passing day I would get worse...

Since my TAH, with every passing day, I get better and better

A great big to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecarats
Hi Ladies,

Here are some statistics from the book that may help you:
The most common complication is infection: 9%
Less than 2% have bleeding problems after surgery
Bowel injuries are around 0.3%
Bladder injuries are around 0.5%
Dehiscence (incision coming apart) 0.4% in adbominal surgeries
DVT (deep vein thrombosis - blood clots) for low risk women (non smokers, no cancer, etc.) is below 1%
Death in women under the age of 40 is 0.05% and almost always due to pregnancy complications.
Death in women over 50 is 0.75% and almost always due to late statge cancer.
Guess we women between 40 & 50 don't have to worry at all

OMG! Fantastic statistics!!! Wish I knew before the op but is still highly interesting to know. Thank you so much!
Unread 06-11-2006, 12:25 PM

Yes , thank you thank you thank you for those statistics....They hit the nails on the heads of most of my irrational fears..I keep imagining waking up with a colostomy bag and half my intestines missing. But, the cold hard facts helped ease some of my fears. Of course, give me another 20 minutes and I will come up with more...get your statistics ready!

I LOVE THIS WEBSITE! Thank you all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2006, 02:35 PM

Ruthie..I had a huge fight with my 22 year old daughter this morning, as we speak she is off with some guy and I cannot believe she would go drinking and acting crazy when I am scared for my life here...so needless to say, I am even more upset.
KIDS...
ANYWAY...thank you for sharing---I can't believe I am only 16 hours away, (trembling)
I wish you the very best, you stay strong! GOD knows I am trying hard as well to be brave.
Unread 06-11-2006, 06:15 PM

Those are great statistics! I know that I am going to be fine! I wish my head knew it like my heart does! LOL

Best wishes June 12th princesses! I'll be saying a prayer to all of us, and hey, I am in the Great Physicians hands!! )
Unread 06-11-2006, 06:52 PM

Dimples-
I am sry to here about the probs with your daughter, I'm thinking and praying for you.
What time do you have to be at the castle?
I have to be there bright and early at 5:30 am, and I have a half hour drive & also have to drop off my boys at my friends in the morning.....this no drinking after midnight is going to just get to me tonight!!
Unread 06-11-2006, 08:46 PM

I have to be at the Castle at 6 AM...surgery scheduled for 7:30 AM
I'll be praying for you too...HUGS
Dee
Unread 06-11-2006, 08:48 PM

Can we suck on mints or anything after midnight? Or at least rinse and spit?
Unread 06-11-2006, 08:54 PM

i was told nothing at all not even to brush teeth But up until midnight it was ok to eat lifesavers.hope this helped al little.
As for daughter she is probably scared to and doesnt know how to act, my kids 21,18,15 havent said two words to me today, just my husband taking care of me today...I will keep you in my prayers think positive. We will be pain free tomorrow( at least from our old problems!)
Unread 06-13-2006, 04:39 PM
2 days to go and I am a mess !!!

7:30 am on Friday, June 16th is coming up way
to fast . I can't sleep, eat and my mind is in a jumble.
My period came yesterday, a week early so I get to be reminded, just
one more time, just exactly why I am doing the TAH.
I Waited 2 yrs too long on bad advice from a new DR.
and now I get to have the TAH.
I have cleaned every thing in sight and then some.
Pre-op went well. Hemoglobin is up to 14.2 from 9.
My body is soooo ready to go but my mind is scared
to death.
Now I find out I have to drink some nasty
stuff and clean out my system. Why is this the first
time I heard of this? I've never had any surgery before.
Any help with getting this stuff down? I have an easy gag reflex and don't drink any thing carbonated. I'm
50 yrs, large fibroid and getting a Tah .. Good luck to you all.
My thoughts are with you all!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register