TVH-What To Get From Hyster Store? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH-What To Get From Hyster Store? TVH-What To Get From Hyster Store?

Unread 06-13-2006, 07:43 AM
TVH-What To Get From Hyster Store?

Hi Lovecarrots,
I brought Altoids. They worked great.
I had a TVH and the most helpful thing I purchased from hyster sisters was the Abnostrain. It made getting up SO easy, I could not believe it. If you are alone those first few days at home, it really helps when getting out of bed.
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2006, 09:37 AM

I gave those peppermint candies in water in a bottle to my daughter when she was a baby... she had colic. UGH... they did work and helped.
Unread 06-13-2006, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Queen
Hi Lovecarrots,
I brought Altoids. They worked great.
I had a TVH and the most helpful thing I purchased from hyster sisters was the Abnostrain. It made getting up SO easy, I could not believe it. If you are alone those first few days at home, it really helps when getting out of bed.
Good luck!
I was wondering, how does the abnostrain work? What do you tie/hook it onto? I'd pull the entire house down with me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2006, 07:47 PM

Thank you so much ladie's for all of your tip's.Geez,I am getting a little nervous.It will be great to have it behind me.
Unread 06-13-2006, 07:58 PM

I had a tvh on May 16, 2006. It could not have gone better. The most difficult time I have had was remembering not to over due. Drink lots of water and rest, rest,rest.
Unread 06-14-2006, 08:12 AM

Pulling the house down-- LOL!
I felt like that too until I read the installation instructions. It has this strong web-belt (for lack of better description, it's like the belt we used to use in scouts) that attaches to either the foot of the bed, or (in my case because the footer wouldn't work so I had DH attach it) to the bed frame underneath the mattress. It is totally secure and in accordance with the design. It worked wonders for me when I needed it.
Unread 06-14-2006, 04:31 PM

It's been almost a month? How are you feeling? I'm nervous, but I want the truth!
Unread 06-14-2006, 04:42 PM

Here's my list SPIRITMAIDEN~

HOME
MINT TEA BAGS
PEPPERMINTS
ABNOSTRAIN
LIDOCAINE PATCHES (DR. ordered)
WEDGE PILLOW
BACK SCRATCHER
BEDSIDE TABLE

HOSPITAL

Lysol sanitizing wipes
Cough drops
GAS X
STOOL SOFTENER
PEPPERMINTS
HANES Bigger UNDIES
SWELLY BELLY BELT
PAMPER WIPES
CLEARASIL PADS/FACIAL WIPES
CHAPSTICK
LOTION
TOOTH BRUSH
DEODORANT
SANITARY PADS
TUMMY PILLOW
MY PILLOW
FAN it's little!
SCRUNCHIE
FLAT SHOES/SNEAKERS & SHIRT DRESS (to go home in)
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:14 PM

Hi Pandi,
Your list rivels my own. The only question woud the flat shoes/ sneakers-- so long as they are slip-ons. And the biggy for me was Oral B BRUSH UPS!!!! If you can find them, they are well worth the investment. There were a few times when I woke up and thought something had crawled in my mouth and died. Brush Ups took care of it. I even used them post-op at home, since sometimes I would nap in my recliner and have the same thing happen-- it just helped make me feel a little more human.
Unread 06-14-2006, 09:42 PM

Hi!

I hardly used ANYTHING I brought to the . By the time I felt like doing anything more difficult than running the remote control or ordering food from the kitchen, I wanted to be home....

The one thing that I really found indespensible was my alarm clock. I'm really nearsighted and the clock had light-up numbers. I set it on my tray so I could see what time it was at night.

Other than that, toothbrush and toothpaste, a notebook and pen to write down questions and start my castle story, and a comb were about all I used. Honest. The hospital had all the toiletries I needed, and there was no way I was going to mess up my nightgowns or robes with the betadyne and who knows what else they use in that place! (I did take slippers, but they wouldn't let me wear my own for liability reasons.)

to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register