prolapsed uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

prolapsed uterus prolapsed uterus

Unread 05-05-2001, 11:31 PM
prolapsed uterus

I have just become a member of this special club. I am 32 years old and have a prolapsed uterus. I also have a tipped uterus. I had 2 single birth large babies and a set of twins. I am scheduled for surgery 6/11/01. My Dr. will do the vag. hyst. and repair to my bladder and rectal area. I will be able to keep my ovaries so I won't have to do the HRT. My mother had a hyst in her 40's and is telling me that sex was never the same for her. She says that she is unable to have the big "0". I talked to my Dr. about this and she said sex should be great and include the big"O". I was wondering if others who have had hysts have a good sex life and does it include the big "o". I would appreciate some information from others who have gone through this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2001, 06:52 AM
prolapsed uterus

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!

Glad you found us...you'll find lots of good information and support here!

If you use the search engine at the top of the page, you'll find threads relating to your questions about orgasm. In my (brief) experience, so far it's been fine...the "o" is undiminished for me.

Keep in mind that your mom's surgery was long ago...the differences in surgical techniques is vast. And her particular condition may have been very different from yours. No two women are alike, so I wouldn't try to compare. Things have come a long way.

For me, I felt SO bad for so long, that sex was not an issue because of constant bleeding and pain. I've finally gotten my life back and feel good about myself again, so that is reflected in all aspects, including sexuality.

Hope you find some of the answers you're looking for...you're in the right place!!

Karen
Unread 05-06-2001, 10:38 AM
prolapsed uterus

I just wanted to say Welcome!! And give you a bump so the other ladies can say hello too!
I have prolapse as well ( and endo), but not had surgery yet, so I really can't answer your questions....Sorry!
Best of luck!
Peanut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2001, 11:59 AM
The Big "O" After Hyst

I was concerned about the very same thing - would it be the same? For me, it is at least as good, if not a little better. I felt so much pressure and bloating before surgery, and was bleeding so much of the time that our sex life was suffering a bit. The first time we had sex (6 weeks after surgery), I was scared that it would hurt (it didn't), but no orgasm that time. However, the next time, I almost cried with relief when it happened. Things have been great ever since - I just feel so much better overall!

TAH/BSO 9-27-00.
Unread 05-06-2001, 12:14 PM
Welcome!

Just wanted to welcome you to this wonderful site. I am a newcomer, too, and have already found the answers to so many of questions and concerns. This place certainly is a God Send!

My surgery is next week -- the 15th Everyone says the waiting is the hardest part -- I know they're right.

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register