Any appointments this week? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any appointments this week? Any appointments this week?

Unread 06-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Any appointments this week?

If you have an appointment, procedure or treatment this week, please reply to this thread so that we can wish you well!

I will be having a CA125 drawn on Monday with results coming in about Thursday

s to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2006, 09:19 PM

Goodluck Lori! I'll say a prayer for a looooow number!

I'm meeting the radiation/onco for the initial consult tomorrow, we'll most likely schedule the simulation at that appt.
Unread 06-12-2006, 03:26 AM

Friday is my first CT scan since finishing chemo. So far, things look good except for very low blood counts (that are rising but slowly). At least they will be able to access my port for the CT scan -- tired of needle sticks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2006, 09:12 AM
2nd rad/onc follow up ...

... is tomorrow. He'll do a pap and a pelvic exam (and maybe a chest xray).
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:35 AM

Lori, here's to a record low CA125 for you. Vega, may the cancerhead disappear and the doctor answer all your questions. Will, may the CT scan show absolutely nothing out of order and those blood counts start their climb back (mine are down now so I know how you feel). Liz, may your exam be gentle and that and the chest xray show nothing unusual.

I have CA125 drawn tomorrow. Am hoping for another drop.
Unread 06-12-2006, 11:10 AM

I will be going for my gyn onc exam tomorrow. This is the first time I've gone from every 3 months to every 4 months. I hope I haven't lost my scootch technique!

Here's hoping for lots of record low CA-125 readings and clear CT scans for one and all.[i]
Unread 06-12-2006, 07:17 PM

I now have an appt for Friday to do the simulation and get set up for radiation.

GOod luck to all those with appointments this week! May God be watching over us all.
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:21 PM

My heart and prayers go out for all of you. My first post op appt is Wednesday. I don't expect any bad news after 2 biopsies and a coloscopy before surgery coming back benign and initial path of biopsy during surgery (because of abnormal pap) being benign. I don't understand why some of us have to walk the path of cancer and some don't. But my prayers are with you.
Unread 06-13-2006, 05:28 AM

This morning I'm having a ct scan. Yesterday I was supposed to have an MRI, but the place messed up my appt (grrr). Trying to find out the cause of a pain I've been having -- gyn/onc thinks maybe there are two different sources. Adhesions and arthritis -- neither of which I can do much about! We shall see (or see nothing, if it really is adhesions and arthritis).
Unread 06-13-2006, 02:28 PM

Hi all,

I had my last radiation on Monday!!!!

I also had a chest and abdominal Xray since I had some fever Sunday and they wanted to rule out any infections. I'm better today but am having a tough time with my tummy and bowels - I've finished a whole box of Immodium and have started box #2! And the doctor gave me an anti-spasmic med.....hope it all helps because I'm in major pains! But I have a few weeks rest until I get my appts for my MRI and PET/CT scan.

Good luck to all this week! s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register