Wow! All of a sudden I am a wreck! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow!  All of a sudden I am a wreck! Wow! All of a sudden I am a wreck!

Unread 06-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Wow! All of a sudden I am a wreck!

rockinendo - it's easy to get worked up about the surgery. I know it is for me! Try to find things to keep your mind occupied and go for a walk a couple hours before bed. You're going to be fine, your surgery will go well and you will feel like a new person!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2006, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emichal
Well, you may as well call me Sybil for all the mood swings Im havin'.

i can sooooooooo relate. My surgery is the same day as yours. And I know this sounds really trite, but I went shopping. I got a pedicure. Boy, did I feel special!
Of course, that only took up two or three hours but it was nice. Then, of course I bumped my toe on my truck door getting into it...my luck. I think my uterus is bad luck, so maybe it will change on Wednesday.

I have had nightmares, nausea, exhaustion...and when I saw my mother for the first time since I scheduled it, I started bawlin'. I go from happy and excited, to mopey and weepy, to nauseous and headeachy (doesn't help that I was going thru my last round of ovulation...Goodbye to that!)

Anyway, you sound a little better and that makes me happy. I know this sounds a little strange, but I spend alot of time on the games games games boards and that really helps the time go. You should join us!

kisses and best wishes to my June 20th sisters!!

Kwooe!

Thanks you always what to say! My date got pushed up to Monday the 19th. My dh jokes that the doc has Tee time on Tuesday.
Unread 06-16-2006, 05:00 PM

I love this place! HUgs, kisses and prayers to everyone...yes, even you lovecarats!

We are getting soooo close ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2006, 05:31 PM

Hi, I'm new here and I will say prayers for all of you that have their surgery date approaching.

I just found out today that I will have to have a hysterectomy. Originally, I was just going to have a large cyst removed from my right ovary, but when the results from my follow-up pelvic scan came in, it revealed that not only had my cyst grown in size, but the two fibroids in my uterus had grown as well. So, if there is no cancer present, I will keep my left ovary, but everything else will be removed.

My surgery date has not been scheduled yet, but it should be sometime this summer.

Good luck to everyone undergoing surgery in the next few weeks, and I wish you all a speedy recovery.
Unread 06-17-2006, 05:22 AM

I had my pre op today. It was a piece of cake!

Just a Q&A session with the doctor, registered at the castle, had one vial of blood drawn and that's it!

Oh wait, I did get six calls fom the castle wanting to register me over the phone (H-E-L-L-O!), taking my medical history and letting me know what my insurance copay is. I swear, if I get one more call from them, I may lose it! (Maybe this is an unconventional stress test?)

emichal - i had the pedi today and get to keep my toenail polish. how is your toe?
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:04 AM
would like to hear from older sisters

by this I mean sisters in their fifties who have had this surgery.

I just turned 56. the only surgery i ever had was a C section 23 years ago with my first baby. I have had a few uterine procedures where you can go home the same day, but under general anesthesia. I am in good shape otherwise, take meds for blood pressure and cholesterol but those are all under control.

How was your recovery considering that you were older? I have a teenager at home but I am not counting on alot of help, although she'll surprise me I hope! and my Mom is coming from Florida, but she's coming mainly for emotional support...she's a healthy 77. I intend to listen to my Doc as much as possible but I am stubborn and used to doing everything for myself, as I have raised my kids alone since 1995. Any info you might have will be appreciated I sure don't expect to feel great right away, as a matter of fact I scheduled this surgery for the summer so I wouldn't worry about going back to work too fast (I am a HS teacher)

Thanks in advance...hope to get some responses as I am getting close (2 and a half weeks and counting! )
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camge
I know it sounds trite, about the worst part is the waiting, but it is so true! I am now 3 days short of three weeks after surgery, and I am almost back to normal! I followed allof the advice... Walk, walk, walk, after surgery and yes I still get tired more than usual. I am really amazed at how I rebounded and I hope you will do the same. Ps. The morphine after surgery was really bad. If it makes you feel terrible go with your feelings, don't try to be a good girl and take the meds. All of my best wishes go with you, may your journey be as easy as mine was! Lots of Love, Cam
Oh I agree, the waiting is the worse. I held it together on the outside, but inside I was terrified, I wasn't sleeping and was snippy lol. But I had my BSO yesterday and after what the doc told me he found, I have no doubt in my mind that it was the best thing I could do for myself. Good luck and remember it will be ok.
Unread 06-17-2006, 07:03 PM

I am not near my 7/12 date yet but my immune system is already suffering from my stress. I have a terrible sinus cold and had a serious bout with gas that left my stomach sore. Prior to this I have not had a cold for 4 years or so. I can only be thankful i did not decide to do it thsi week as it was an option, what a mess it would have been with my cold/fever thingy.
Unread 06-17-2006, 07:52 PM

I just got over a sinus infection/cold and it ***** to have that with surgery. I'm still coughing and it hurts soo bad. I hope you get better really soon!
Unread 06-17-2006, 09:02 PM

Hi. I am new here and getting ready to have my surgery on June 19th. When I read your post, I could relate so well to what you and many others are feeling with the pre-op "jitters." I too haven't had much sleep the past few nights, have come unglued at the smallest events, and the fear I feel has had an enormous effect on my bladder issues and head! I know that the surgery is for the better, but not knowing what my life will be like post-surgery scares me to death! (I hate being dependent on others for anything!) I'm so glad the doctor told me about this website, and that there are others here that we can all learn from.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register