Wow! All of a sudden I am a wreck! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow!  All of a sudden I am a wreck! Wow! All of a sudden I am a wreck!

Unread 06-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Wow! All of a sudden I am a wreck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv667
Hi. I am new here and getting ready to have my surgery on June 19th. When I read your post, I could relate so well to what you and many others are feeling with the pre-op "jitters." I too haven't had much sleep the past few nights, have come unglued at the smallest events, and the fear I feel has had an enormous effect on my bladder issues and head! I know that the surgery is for the better, but not knowing what my life will be like post-surgery scares me to death! (I hate being dependent on others for anything!) I'm so glad the doctor told me about this website, and that there are others here that we can all learn from.
Just wanted to say Bravo to your doctor!!!!
I had to google search and stumbled here by accident..and now,
well, my name is Theresa and I am a hystersisteraholic...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2006, 09:17 PM

Mine is on the 21st, and I wish I had talked to my primary about getting an anti-anxiety pill during my pre-op visit the other day. But he was being obnoxious anyway, so doubt he'd give it to me. Not sure if I should call my ob/gyn about it, think he'd prescribe one? I'm crying continually, so scared I might never see my 4 children again, especially my baby who is 4 and attached to my leg. I will pray for all of you getting yours soon!
Unread 06-17-2006, 09:27 PM

Ask your doctor. ask your doctor, ask your doctor. It cannot hurt to ask. It is very common for women to get an anti anxiety something or other prior to surgery.

I feel you on the "never seeing your kids again" fear...but, trust me..you will be fine. The stress of the upcoming surgery is terrible. The anxiety pre op is causing me brain damage....
Trust your doctor, trust the hospital and trust yourself to be strong enough to pull through this.

If you want to PM me about that particular fear, I would love to swap nightmares with you! Seriously, PM me if you would like to talk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2006, 05:37 AM

I had all kinds of fears such as that. I was going to do a "just in case letter" but decided not to. I'm not scared of dying per se because for me to live is Christ and to die is gain, but my kids need their Mom and I want to be around to complete the God has given me which includes the ministry, and to see my grandchildren grow up. I actually had a panic attack last night for the first time in my life. As Monday approaches I am becoming more and more anxious. My calm, cool, and collected self is gone (I hope temporarily). I'm a nervous wreck.
Unread 06-18-2006, 05:17 PM

Samila and all
Well, I was calm, cool and collected because I had so many social events to concentrate on (DD's graduation, etc) but now, I am stressed too. I had a panic attack last night and have been fighting another one all day. Wish I had asked for a sedative too. I will pray for all of us, that we would feel calm, peaceful and confident as we enter these last few days/hours prior to our trip to the castle.
Unread 06-18-2006, 05:21 PM

I had to take Xanax before bedtime cause I couldn't sleep with all the anxiety. My family has been busy, my brother in law was diagnosised with a malignant brain tumor, my mom had to have surgery and then my surgery. Luckily my doc was able to schedual me a week after my appoitment wiht him. So I didnt have that long to wait. But was freaky cause the Coroner was going up to the same floor as me...talk about a bad omen lol
Unread 06-18-2006, 05:41 PM

Hi
I am scheduled for my hyst on Wed. the 21st. I seem to go between really calm and crying off an on. I will be praying for all of you that are having yours on the 19th and 20th. It is nice to have a place to go where ppl understand what you are talking about. Take care friends.
Unread 06-19-2006, 03:00 AM

Hi Artis,
Boy, can I relate! I have to be at the castle in eight hours and sleep is elusive. If you can, see if you can get a sedative for the night before. You can always decide NOT to take it. Wish I had known to ask for one!
Best wishes for a smooth surgery and recovery.
Looking forward to talking to you in the post op forum!
Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register