I'm 28 and have hysterectomy scheduled for July 10. Really Nervous!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm 28 and have hysterectomy scheduled for July 10.  Really Nervous!! I'm 28 and have hysterectomy scheduled for July 10. Really Nervous!!

Unread 06-16-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm 28 and have hysterectomy scheduled for July 10. Really Nervous!!

Hello. I feel your pain. I am 28 as well. My hyst. is schedule for 6/26. I have 2 children, 6 and 2. I am scared and nervous about the surgery. THey are doing a hyst. and taking everything but one ovary. I worry about being rushed into menapause, pain, not being able to do anything, my kids seeing me in pain and in the hospital, doing things to soon to fast, but beyond all that, I feel so young to be having this done, however, I am excited. I look forward to a pain free life once this is over and less trips to my OB...sometimes I think he knows me better then my own husband. lol. You will do fine, my thought is "Remember to breathe"..lol. Good Luck I am sure we will be talking again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2006, 04:47 AM

Hi i am also 28 as well and im due for my hyst on monday 19 june and i know how you feel the no sleeping and feeling sick all the time its not cool but i keep myself busy by cooking meals to freeze so I can pull them out when im home spending alot of time with my three kids and cleaning ive turn into to what my partners calls it the cleaning monster as i wont let anyone help i find it keeps my mind busy so i dont think about it as often.But i whould do it all again so i have a pain free life and i dont turn into that ugly monster every month that scares my family and myself to death.But it is very scary not knowing what is going to happen after the op but you just have to have faith in yourself and your family and most of all your doc and always remember that we are here anytime you need support.Good luck and i well be thinking of all the ladies that are going through this as well.
Unread 06-17-2006, 06:44 AM

Hi I'm also having my full hyst surgery on June 21st also...I'm nervous but I know its something I need to do..are you having a epidural ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2006, 06:54 AM

Hi, I am having my tvh on June 20. I am 32 years old, 2 daughters,13 and 8. I am also very nervous but i guess we all are in the same boat. I've found keeping busy helps alot and visiting this site also. I am also cleaning up like crazy and shipping kids off to Grandma's for the summer. Just pray and you will be fine. I will pray for all of you also. Just think about the quality of life you have to look forward to with your families after the surgery. It will be great. So think positive.
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:53 AM

That is so funny. I just shipped my daughter off to my mothers in Missouri today for 3 weeks and my son who is 2 will go to my inlaws when I have my surgery. I too have been cleaning like a mad women, and how dare anyone mess up after i have cleaned. The horns and fire comes out then. I have 9 more days then it is D-day..lol. I amr eady, ready to get it over with and move on without any pain day in and day out. Good luck to all you women in waiting.
Unread 06-18-2006, 02:00 AM

Hi Dodie, it's amazing that I will be 28 and have three kids and scheduled for the 10 of July. I found this site about a week ago, when I was told by my doctor that I need to have a hysterectomy. I'm nerovous as well. I noticed that I'm feeling more comfortable about the operation, day by day. At first it seemed like I was the youngest person ever having a hysterectomy. Now I dont feel alone. I'm in pain everyday and I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with my children, because I know I will be down and out the first few weeks after I leave the castle. I'm trying to prepare myself as much as I can before the op. This website has helped a lot, I haven't tried searching the web for any other info regarding hysterectomy, since I found this. I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope everything goes well.
Unread 06-18-2006, 03:41 AM

Hello Dodie,
I had a total hysterectomy a month after I turned 28. My hysterectomy was March 22nd. I am not going to lie and tell you has all been good. Well I did notice immediatly that the pain I had all the time was gone. I have 7 children (5 that I gave birth 2 and 2 step-daughters) Anyway i didn't give myself enough time to recover and ended up going back to work at 5 weeks post-op. Well that lasted a month before my body was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO more. Anyways I am back at home with the kids. I think I am going through the depression stage right now but I will get thru this I know I am also trying to get the right HRT. I am currently on Premarin. My moods are so crazy right now but I know that my body is still adjusing Anyways there are so many positive things like NO PAIN And better yet...No More Red Headed Friend visiting monthly I know one big worry of mine was the sex..but for me it is so much better now! Anyway let me know how things go and if you have any questions just ask.
Unread 06-18-2006, 08:30 PM

Hi there! i am going to have a hysterectomy also, but I am 48 years old. I fell bad for your being young, but my daughter had one 2 months ago and is sooooooooooooo happy now. She has 2 kids also. I am nervous, and we would not be normal if any one of us wasn't.. No one looks forward to this kind of thing....... Keep your chin up... Iwas told I needed a hysterectomy at 32 and did not do it.... so now I end up having it now!!!!! Had I known i would have done it then.... and sufffered for alot less years with anemia and heavy menstrual cycles. God Bless, and pray He answers wehn we call on Him.....
Unread 06-19-2006, 11:13 AM

Don't know if this will help all of you who are waiting or not, but....

I had a TVH +1 ovary 11 days ago. I feel like a million bucks. My biggest problem is boredom. I am following my doctors orders to take it easy and that is tough!

The worst part was the morning of the surgery, especially the part where you're lying on the gurney waiting to go in. Fear of the unknown I guess. I cried. I was scared.

As far as pain afterwards it was exactly what my doctor described, bad cramps, in the back, and a little down the legs. None worse than I'd experienced during (and between) periods. Took percoset off and on for a few days, then ibuprofen off and on for a few days.

I had a spinal and they gave me astromorph (sp?) also. So didn't even have pain until the following morning.

I do think it is important to move as much as possible. I was so determined to get that gas moving, etc. that I paced in my room late in the morning the day after, then took a trip down to the end of the hallway that afternoon. They released me after that and I have continued to move since. Have not spent a day in bed, lots of time on the couch, but moving often. Several trips to the mailbox the first week, and now (2nd week) I'm venturing around the neighborhood a bit.

I wish everyone who is waiting luck and a speedy recovery.

P.S. I'm 47, so no spring chicken. Am hoping you younger gals will make me look bad!
Unread 06-19-2006, 11:34 AM

Ok i have a Question, why do you all talk about spinals, i thought that you were put to sleep and they did it like any other surgery, and i have to lol because i see all of us who are getting ready for our big day are cleaning house, i had the carpets done this weekend and now i am in the 3 year old twins room cleaning then i am off to the 14 year olds room, hubby and i cleaned our room this weekend, we took every thing out of the room clean the carpet and cleaned out hte clostet what a mess that was, just thought it was funny we are all doing the same thing gettting ready.. have a good day girls and my prayers ar ewith you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register