vaginal dilators? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal dilators? vaginal dilators?

Unread 06-16-2006, 07:58 PM
vaginal dilators?

This is a very MTI I think BUT I don't really have anyone/anywhere else to go with this- I made it through the post op appt & it went amazingly well- till the 'internal' exam. This is very ummm well almost embarassing but ugh!! Anyways I had A&P repairs & was prepaired for the whole thing to be uncomfortable BUT I was not really prepaired for what I got... The Dr used the smallest speculum I have ever seen (with exceptions of the ones they HAVE to use for abuse/rape situations for lil ones) & then did a vaginal ultrasound to check things - ovaries etc. I hurt for 3 hours just from the probe thingy(tho not so much that it took me out but GEEZ). After it was all said & done the Dr had a 'talk' with me. Dr said- SInce things are all ready extremely 'cinched up' so to speak & things will still continue to *tighten* over time & it will be a quite some time till my DH is home(7 mos till I see him at all & 10-12 mos tll he is home for the long haul) the dr suggested I potentially get a 'dialator' so *things* are not so painful when DH gets home. Do any of you know anything about these?? I think I may have an idea but I am almost afraid to go there....
TOTALLY EMBARASSED-

Unread 06-16-2006, 08:28 PM
vaginal dilators?

First thing that comes to my mind are sex toys & your doc put it ever so gently.
Unread 06-16-2006, 08:40 PM
vaginal dilators?

That's sort a what I figured- but wasn't for absolute sure.. *blush* EEK... He said something about being able to get them from the medical supply & I could have them order it- that is why I was curious... So crazy. EEK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2006, 08:57 PM
vaginal dilators?

You can buy them online. I think the website is vaginismus.com or something like that. There's a reference to it elsewhere on this site. Good luck.
Unread 06-16-2006, 09:13 PM
vaginal dilators?

Thanks Mapleone. I FOUND it... not sure I will go there yet- have time to consider it anyways... BUT THANKS!!! At least now I don't feel SO dumb... I figured SOMEONE in here would know something- most everyone is so nice & understanding- THANKS AGAIN!!!!
Unread 06-16-2006, 09:16 PM
vaginal dilators?

Because I'd never heard of it, I did some online research. Some dilators look like speculums. Others look like the ones I found at Soul Source.com <Oops! No commercial links please>

Hope that helps!

Maxine
Unread 06-16-2006, 10:23 PM
vaginal dilators?

Please don't be embarrassed, and don't deny yourself the opportunity to keep yourself "open"! A friend of mine didn't follow instructions following her surgery, and she closed up with scar tissue following radiation treatments, and now she's really stuck. She's probably going to have to have more surgery. Get yourself the device you need and use it! Even if you were going to use it for pleasure, there's nothing to be ashamed of. In this case you really need it medically.

Jordanwrites
Endometrial cancer, TAH-BSO, lymph nodes removed
Unread 06-16-2006, 10:53 PM
vaginal dilators?

Well now I feel stupid,lol. Now we have to worry about our stuff closing up on us on top of all our other worries??? I've always been rather tight down there as it is. Not that I have anything to compare to, but every partner has commented about it & it always takes some work to get sex started & I've even had trouble sometimes getting tampons inserted. I went to that site & checked out the products & they are overpriced sex toys. I wonder if my local adult store will give me a volume discount if I end up needing a set of "dilators". )
Unread 06-16-2006, 11:28 PM
vaginal dilators?

The dilators work better if you also use a little vaginal estrogen... it can help keep the vaginal walls more moist and elastic, the way they were intended to be.

s,
-Linda
Unread 06-17-2006, 03:43 AM
vaginal dilators?

Holy Buckets Thank you ladies... I checked the web sites & thought the same thing - over priced toys lol. I was seriously thinking I will just take my chances when I saw the price but maybe I will rethink after what jordanwrites said. EEK scary. Ya there are always the 'adult book stores' They MUST have something less costly. Was really emarassed but now am so glad I asked. oh & thanks for the info on the estrogen cream- never heard of that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register