Gosh, I got scolded!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gosh, I got scolded!!! Gosh, I got scolded!!!

Unread 06-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Gosh, I got scolded!!!

I called my doc today about spotting and vag. pain. When they found out I was out for 2 1/2 hours yesterday for a doctor appointment and to get vitamins/prescriptions (don't worry - I sure as heck didn't drive!!!), they said to 1)back off the activity 2)stay at home 3)keep feet up and 4)KNOCK OFF THE HOUSEWORK!!!!!!!!! Actually, I've stuck to my 5# weight limit, but I guess I'm just a really slow healer.

Just posting this to remind you all to take it easier than you probably are. Your doctor would probably have a fit if they learned all you're doing if it's causing any symptoms.

Hugs to ya, ladies! Take care of yourselves!
Julia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Gosh, I got scolded!!!

Hi there!
I hope your'e feeling better real soon!
Just take it easy.... it hasn't been that long really since your surgery. Your body needs to rest now so it can heal.
HUGS
Unread 06-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Gosh, I got scolded!!!

Naughty Julia!!!!
I hope that whatever you over did you had some fun!
Keep those princess feet up and relax, rest and recover!!!!
Take care,
Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Gosh, I got scolded!!!

I went for a check up yesterday. We then went to Wally World and got stocked up on stuff. I had to lay down in the car on the way home!! I feel like such a wimp! Back to everyone "hovering" over Mom today.

Take it easy!
Unread 06-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Gosh, I got scolded!!!

See I feel like a wimp. I only have a 1" incision, but I feel like i've been hit by a truck. I'm 5 days out, and today was NOT fun. I think I over did it yesterday too. I did some light house work, nothing major, just loaded the dishwasher, folded so9me laundry, a little sweeping, and threw pot pies in the oven for dinner. I felt good. UGH I are such a wimp lol
Unread 06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Gosh, I got scolded!!!

Hi Christy!
Your not a wimp! I had gallbladder surgery 6 weeks before my hysterectomy and I had a 1" cut at the top of my rib cage and then 3 other smaller cuts ( it was done laproscopically) and I was very sore for at least a month when I did too much. hahaha then I go and have the BIG surgery.... the hysterectomy! ouchy
HUGS
Unread 06-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Gosh, I got scolded!!!

Oh My Gosh, all your posts make realize this really is a looonnnggg recovery process!!! Heck, I walked to the mailbox which is only 20 feet away and by the time I got back to the house had to take a nap!!!
Unread 06-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Gosh, I got scolded!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsM62
Hi Christy!
Your not a wimp! I had gallbladder surgery 6 weeks before my hysterectomy and I had a 1" cut at the top of my rib cage and then 3 other smaller cuts ( it was done laproscopically) and I was very sore for at least a month when I did too much. hahaha then I go and have the BIG surgery.... the hysterectomy! ouchy
HUGS
thank, honestly I've never had an incision before lol. My last 3 surgeries I just had tiny little punctures. And let me tell you, i'm HIGHLY allergic to pain!! lol, so this one inch incision is driving me nuts,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register