Big Sigh.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Big Sigh....

Ok, so I fell the other day and did a bellyflop on the kitchen floor. Oh it hurt. Called the doc the next morning and after the nurse and I quit laughing at what a clutz I was, she said as long as I wasn't bleeding I was probably ok. Yesterday, I start to hurt in my abdomen in the exact same area (think appendix) as where I had my hematoma back in April. This morning the pain was still there....I called the doc again and told them what was going on and they sent me in for a sono. Sono came up clean, no bleeding.....what they did detect though were a few tumors on my liver.

Ok....I've been in the hospital three times sine April.....I'm so sick of docs! Tell Life that I'm going on strike for a while!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm Sorry

I'm so sorry to here of your tumors. The surgery is bad enough without having to go back for more. Are they going to have to do surgery to remove them? I had to go back twice after my surgery for a redo do to hemorraging and I know you get sick of just going back to the hospital. Keep strong and may God Bless you.
yogajane
Unread 06-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Big Sigh....

Oh you poor thing. This must be very upsetting. I guess the fall ended up being a blessing in disguise. I know it's no fun to go through all the medical stuff & surgery, etc, but it's a good thing the tumors were caught now rather than later. You'll be in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Big Sigh....

I am so sorry!

have you asked them why they didn't see then when they had you open?

I hope it all a bunch of nothing for you
Unread 06-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Big Sigh....

I agree with Tina, in the big picture it was good to have caught the tumors because of the fall. So sorry you have to deal with something new...will also keep you in my prayers.

52 yrs, TAH/BSO
Unread 06-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Big Sigh....

Oh Bless your heart. I agree, blessings come in odd packages. Please keep us posted. {hugs}
Unread 06-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Big Sigh....

They said they want to compare this sono to the CT I had back in April. If they were there at that time, then we're just gonna wait three months and to a repeat scan. If they were not on CT, then they will want to do more scans to see if they can determine what they are. The doc said most likely, they are benign hemangioma's and explained that there's a small chance it could be something worse. DH and I just looked at each other and tried to explain to the doc that if anyone was prone to falling on the small side of the odds, it was us! Our lives would make a black cat nervous!

I'll be fine with it, I suppose. I guess I just need a few days to let it sink in. I felt like this in March when I found out I was going to have heart surgery in April.

Where's the chocolate?????????? Oh wait, Can't do that cuz I have to go to the dreaded dentist this morning and get a crown replaced! GGGRRRr.....you know, they say when you hit 30 it's all downhill from there, but this is ridiculous! I'm only 31 and virtually every body part has gone in the dumper on me already!

Sigh....ok, I'm done venting now. I really am a positive person with a weird sense of humor, but everything that's happened this year is really sucking the life out of my optimism!
Unread 06-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Big Sigh....

BIG

I can understand how totally and completely frustrated you must be feeling right now. Once you're done with the dentist perhaps you should treat yourself to something...chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate...and not the cheap stuff - Godiva all the way!
I hope they get this sorted out and that it turns out to be a nothing. Please keep us updated.
Unread 06-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Big Sigh....

so, ok......here's a sample of my weird sense of humor. I guess to look on the positive side of things....if it does turn out to be something terrible like Cancer....hey, I've always wanted to just shave my head so I don't have to deal with my hair! And, another potential plus is if it was something awful like Cancer....man, I could potentially be a size 2 instead of 12! (disclaimer....I do not intend to discount the severity of anyone suffering thru something like this....like I said I have a weird sense of humor)
Unread 06-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Big Sigh....

I also have a twisted sense of humor that is my coping skill. So, no offense here. <wink>

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register