After reading many of your stories... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

After reading many of your stories... After reading many of your stories...

Unread 06-26-2006, 05:47 PM
After reading many of your stories...

I kinda thought i was being a baby about things. Yes, I have fibroids but they aren't nearly as bad as some of you. Yes, I have pain with sex but really...can't I just cope? Then you know what happened? Good ole aunt flo came to visit. Then I remembered the pain I'm actually in not only during the visit but before as well. Realizing that I alter my physical relationship with DH because of pain (and how could i? he's so cute...isn't he? ) I thought of course I should do this. So, ladies, even though I didn't think I should do it there for a couple of days I decided that I'M important enough to take care of this problem and I'm going to follow through.

Don't really know why I'm writing it but there it is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2006, 05:59 PM

Why cope with 'pain' when you could be 'pain free'???
I am sure your cute DH would want you to enjoy some lovin pain free! If I were you, I would look to the pain free future, and plan another honeymoon and celebrate....

Cheers to you and your hubby, here is wishing YOU a pain free life to enjoy with that cutie DH of yours!

Lisa
Unread 06-26-2006, 08:20 PM

You're right! You are important enough to take care of this...I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I'll start thinking that this is pretty radical and maybe I can just handle it. And the same thing happened to me. Aunt Flo paid another visit and it was 5 times worse than the last visit. I have one more visit the week of my surgery and am terrified at the pain and bleeding that may bring...but it will be the last time she'll ruin anything for me. And my DH is right...I can't continue to live in this pain and risk the severe anemia coming back. So, it's I go on July 21!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2006, 10:32 PM

Thank you for responding you guys! It really helps!
Unread 06-27-2006, 06:46 AM

I had the same thing happened to me! After trying to manage this with medication for almost 5 years, I wanted this OVER. I went to my gyn and he gave me info on hysterectomy and ablation. I decided on surgery and had him schedule it. Then I started having doubts.... Well Flo showed upon 5/13 and hasn't left! The last few weeks it was so bad I couldn't go to work. This latest episode erased ANY doubts from my mind....DH and I are really looking forward to having ahhh...well you know after my recovery. Good luck and here's to a new and better life!
Unread 06-27-2006, 08:22 AM

glad to know I'm not the only one who's second guessing....I think the same thing...I can deal with this...but then I remember the day my boss sent me home since I was doubled over with pain...I think I'm okay with it all at this point and just anxious to get it over with!!
Unread 06-27-2006, 08:52 AM

Whew! Glad to hear I'm not the only one!
Unread 06-27-2006, 08:54 AM

I think most of us facing this decision have our good days and bad days... I certainly did, too.

The majority of us don't just plow ahead with no second thoughts. I'm glad you're having them and working through them rather than just pushing them away.

The only thing I would say is that if you're really having doubts, and if you don't feel you've explored enough other alternatives to surgery, there's still time to do that. Sounds like "watchful waiting" is no longer acceptable to you, but there are other alternatives (such as myonectomy, which would only remove the fibroids and retain the uterus) which might restore quality of life without the additional risks of hysterectomy. Just a thought.

to you. It sounds like you're thinking this through very carefully, and that's a very good thing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register