Scared about a Complex Cyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared about a Complex Cyst Scared about a Complex Cyst

Unread 06-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Scared about a Complex Cyst

I have been having RLQ pain which they keep saying possible early appendicitis. Well, I had a CT scan on friday which showed a 3.1 septated cyst. Then on monday a CT scan with dye showed a 4.5 complex mass. I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow morning. My Aunt passed away 5 years ago from ovarian cancer. Should I worry that this mass has grown so quickly and that it is septated?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2006, 08:03 PM

s Sweetie....you know there's a reason they re-did the CT scan with the dye...most likely because they couldn't get a good enough view of the cyst. Did the doc say for sure it grew that much between scans? Is it possible that maybe they just got a better view with the dye?

O'm not sure what else to say other than to send my thoughts and prayers out to you and plenty of s
Unread 06-28-2006, 09:43 PM

in there, Melissa. It would seem odd to me that it would grow that much in a weekend. I bet it's like Vega said...they just got a clearer picture. I'm sure the ultrasound will shed some more light on the subject. We'll be here for you; good luck tomorrow and please let us know the results... May it be nothing to worry about.
xoxo
k9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2006, 05:31 PM

Hi,
I had a complex cyst, too, along with slightly elevated ca 125, so needless to say I was scared, too. Mine turned out to be endometrioma, no cancer.

Good luck to you!
Unread 07-11-2006, 09:59 PM

Quick update. I had the ultrasound and it confirmed the complex cyst. I have had a CA-125 test today. The ultrasound has the cyst a different size but it was that way between the two CT scans. I have another appt with my GYN next tuesday to discuss the options. But if my CA-125 comes back high then things would be done sooner. So, I just sit and wait patiently.
Unread 07-11-2006, 11:28 PM

Melissa
If you even suspect cancer, please have a consult with a gyn/onc. They are the experts in the area of gyn problems and have several years extra training. They also will perform the surgery for the best outcome possible, by removing as much of the cancer cells as possible.

At least, get a second opinion from one.

I pray that this is not cancer and many cysts are not cancer, I just want the best for you.

s
Jane
Unread 07-12-2006, 11:27 AM

s Jerseygal

With a septated cyst and your family history, I would recommend seeing a gynecologic oncologist even if your ca 125 is normal.
They are the only true experts with ovarian cancer and I would follow their advice.

oxoxox karenann

PS I'm a Jerseygal too!!!
Unread 07-12-2006, 02:45 PM

Thank you very much for your advice. I agree that it is wise to contact a gyn oncologist just to be on the safe side. I will update when I know anything new. Again thanks!
Melissa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register