Coughing and sore throat | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Coughing and sore throat Coughing and sore throat

Unread 06-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Coughing and sore throat

Hi,

Surgery was June 22. Came home June 26. Biggest problem...sore throat and coughing. I don't have a cold, and my fever is within tolerable levels.

Can't sleep 'cuz of the tickle in the throat. What do you suggest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Coughing and sore throat

owie that hurts..did you try tea with honey to sooth your throat? maybe a popcycle to freeze the tickle
Unread 06-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Coughing and sore throat

Hi Cotico,

I understand the feeling all to well, however my sore throat/cough is from a cold that gave me many sleepless nights for the past two weeks. I would suggest drinking lots of water , popsicles, salt water gargles, and maybe trying to sleep on a slight incline that helped me some. Hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Coughing and sore throat

Hello make sure you go to doctor as soon as cough gets any worse. I had a laparscopy surgery for my ovaries four years ago. I went home and was fine the first couple of days. Then I got a little cough by the fourth day I was coughing pretty bad and got a fever. I went to dr and I had double pneomonia. I was hospitilized for two weeks and had the pneomonia for six weeks and almost didnt make it. The doc said if I didnt go in the day that I did my lungs would of collapesed. So make sure you dont let that cough get to bad. Having surgery weakens immune and when they do surgery somehow your lungs get pushed in and sometimes when they come back to normal some parts dont and you can get an infection in your lungs. That and being in the hospital with germs can make you get an infection. Everyone worries about the infection you can get from them cutting you open but pneomonia is a very real danger. Luckily my surgery on June 20th went well and I didnt get sick but Im telling you, you dont want to get it on top of just having surgery its dangerous. Take care and watch your temp and watch that cough. I hope you feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register