My husband is a dh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My husband is a dh My husband is a dh

Unread 07-01-2006, 05:57 PM
My husband is a dh

One of the things I was most worried about was having the help I needed after the surgery. I am happy to announce that after 16 years of marriage I do not know my husband. He switched from being the needy, lazy person into a dear husband. He has catered to me from the time I went into the hospital and says he will continue until I recover. He has done everything. I don't have to lift a finger. I am really suprised and happy at his turn around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2006, 06:07 PM
My husband is a dh

Good for you, I hope he is always there for you. My DH, still after all this time, watches everytime I pick up something and comes running to help.. He gets worried when my belly still swells and asks me howcome I didn't tell him to do it.. Been married almost 12 years, what a luck lady we both are.. happy healing.
Unread 07-01-2006, 06:49 PM
My husband is a dh

Samila, I am glad to see that your dh is being supportive and helpful. My dh was and is still the same way, and we have been married almost 26 years. This surgery is hard enough without having relationship issues. I hope you continue to have a great recovery, best wishes and 's, Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2006, 08:06 PM
My husband is a dh

I too want to say my dh is a peach he did everything for me during my recovery from feeding me,bathing me to assisting me on the toilet when things were very rough. He took 6 weeks off from his work just to be with me. Now that im a little stronger he allows me to do light things like washing dishes and cooking... But things like laundry, sweeping yard ,cleaning etc.. he is the man. I thank God for him.. this week we will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.
Unread 07-01-2006, 08:31 PM
My husband is a dh

So today I was standing at the top the stairs listening to my DH, my MIL and my 16yr old DD arguing about who got to do the laundry. Of course my DD won out and the laundry didn't quite get finished (her boyfriend picked her up to go fishing), but she did take me for a walk. My DH vacuumed and loaded and ran the dishwasher. My MIL is getting agitated that they won't let her do anything. (We're all a little afraid of how she might throw everything together in the wash--she never was much of a housekeeper lol).

I'm thinking that one of the best things to come out of this surgery is the realization that I have such a great family.
Unread 07-01-2006, 09:32 PM
My husband is a dh

It's good to hear that there are hubbies out there who are truly loving, caring, and compassionate. So far, I think I have you all beat - as I have been married 31 years and my DH has been absolutely wonderful through this entire ordeal. I am totally pampered to the point where he said..."Don't bother going back to work, stay home"
Wow...that's sooooooooo nice, but I enjoy my occupation (personal fitness trainer) - but I am only going back part time and can't workout for awhile yet.
I just finished reading a thread where someone's husband was not as caring.......I just we are blessed.
Unread 07-01-2006, 09:34 PM
My husband is a dh

**I really need to proofread**

my last sentence should have read.......I guess we are blessed.

Unread 07-01-2006, 09:42 PM
My husband is a dh

I figured my husband would be good to me for maybe 2 weeks.......well, its been almost 7 weeks and he still is angel husband. Once in a while he gets a little cranky, but all in all I feel blessed. Now that I am feeling better we share doing stuff like i'l cook and he will clean up. This is coming from a man who did not know how to turn the dishwasher on,do laundry or make a bed. Hope this lasts forever!!
Unread 07-02-2006, 06:41 AM
My husband is a dh

My DH of 28 years has been fantastic. Here it is, 9 months later, and he is still just as wonderful as right after post op...Of course now I'm "back to normal for the most part, but sometimes the stamina is just not there, and he jumps right in. Last night I just gave out, so the kitchen didn't get cleaned up, and this a.m. he got up and (with my help too) got the sink emptied and the dishwasher running. What a dear...he's a keeper!

52; TAH/BSO
Unread 07-02-2006, 06:54 AM
My husband is a dh

Even though I have a good hubby and a good marriage, I Am starting to get jealous lol. Dh was good for about three days then started to get grumpy, and slacking off with the dishes. oH Well...guess there's no such thing as a perfect man in ALL areas

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register