about 2 weeks post op and feeling just Ok | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

about 2 weeks post op and feeling just Ok about 2 weeks post op and feeling just Ok

Unread 07-04-2006, 10:12 AM
about 2 weeks post op and feeling just Ok

Hey ladies,
I will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow and I just don't feel right. I have been running a low fever for a few days and just feel sluggish and yucky. I actually felt better when I came home from the hospital. I had a check up yesterday and my dr put me on an antibiotic just to be sure, due to the fever. She did an internal exam, which did not hurt thankgoodness, I was a little scared it might. She said no signs of a cuff and all looked good. I go back next week just to be sure. I took the antibiotic yesterday afternoon and hoped I would feel better today but I don't. UGH!! I am getting frustrated since I was doing so well right after I got home.

Anyone else feel the same??

Beth :dance2:
tvh 6.21.06 kept ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2006, 11:03 AM

Hi Beth
Sorry to hear you are not feeling too well, i think it generally takes a few days of antibiotics before you start to feel the effects so hopefully you will feel better tomorrow
I had SAH on 20th June but fortunately i am feeling fine.
Unread 07-04-2006, 01:25 PM

I second pinklady68, it takes a few days for antibiotic to really work and make you feel better. Wishing all the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2006, 02:46 PM

Hey princess, sorry for the yuks, i had a rad-hyst on the 20th also. i felt great to come home and start my old rountine [ wrong!] i heal fast, but the insides don't. i had fever for a couple of days. mine just went away, put an ice pack on your tums and your head! it helps abit. if you king said you can bathe take a cool dip or soak your feet in a cool foot spa, that always helps. take it easy princess lil' l out.
Unread 07-05-2006, 06:55 AM

Thanks everyone!! I hadn't even thought about the fact that I could have been doing too much in the last week. I was pretty much back to my old routine. Maybe I was overdoing it!!! I am feeling a little better today so I hope it continues!!

Beth :dance2:
tvh uterine prolapse, kept ovaries
Unread 07-05-2006, 07:37 AM

I see my increased mobility as improvement but am disappointed that I am still walking sort of awkwardly. I feel the need to cradle my stomach a lot still and am having lots of pinching which I assume are the stitches inside. I keep jokeing with my DH that the only part that does not hurt is the part I have been forbidden to use

I would think a low grade fever would wear on you. Give the antibiotics a chance and drink tons of water. Keep in mind that sometimes antibiotics cause yeast issues so keep an eye out for that. ((hugs))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register