Any appointments for this week? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any appointments for this week? Any appointments for this week?

Unread 07-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Any appointments for this week?

I don't have any appointments sent to me for this week.

So, if you have an appointment for anything this week, please be sure to add it on to this thread so that we can all wish you well.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2006, 07:24 PM

Well this is the big appointment, July 5th, 9:30 a.m. -- The doctor will tell me my CT scan results, and whether it's all gone and I can go on "maintenance" checkups. Scared, and getting more scared by the minute, but I got through several surgeries, external radiation, internal radiation and chemo, so I will handle what comes.
Unread 07-04-2006, 08:13 PM

(((WilltoWin))) I'm betting those CT results are boringly normal and those maintenance checkups will become a new way of life. Check in and let us know how it goes.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2006, 08:27 PM

This Friday is my "every two month" check ujp with the dreaded blood draw for the CA125. I still get freaked every time these appointments get close
Unread 07-04-2006, 08:34 PM

WillToWin, sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for a dull & boring CT scan!

MontaukSunsets, prayers for a loooooow CA125 number!

I'm in week 3 of external rads, go for my 3rd chemo tomorrow. This week marks my "half way" point for both...can't wait to get it over with.
Unread 07-04-2006, 08:47 PM

Thanks Vega!!!!

I have been very lucky and it is usually between 4 and 6 so I am crossing my fingers!!!

woooo hooo on 1/2 way thru chemo!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-05-2006, 05:14 AM

I am finally having my pet scan today. It was cancelled last week due to insurance problems, so today I am having it at a different hospital. Hospital #1 wanted me to lay out $3000 cash for the test, hospital #2 is charging a $200 co-pay. Not much difficulty in figuring that one out!!

W2W -- I'm praying you'll have a wonderful visit to the dr today and will soon be writing again to tell us that the cat scan was all clear! Then it's party time.

Montauk Sunsets -- here's to a super low CA125.

Vega -- it's your hump week! I hope your chemo goes smoothly today and then you'll be over half done with chemo.
Unread 07-05-2006, 01:15 PM

Hey geniemiami, I was thinking about you last night because we hadn't heard about the PET scan! I thought maybe you went away for the holiday. Ins Cos are SUCH a pain in the butt, I deal with them daily through work and some of them are just unbelievable. Let us know when you get the results!!

Welp, got through my 3rd chemo, half way there...of course today was a mess. I forgot to change my rad appt from the afternoon to early morning, so I waited and hour and a half to get in before chemo. Then the line went dry twice with the pre-chemo meds because they gave me a med to make me pee every 10 minutes. (I was in the bathroom when it ran out)They had to "burp" the line both times. Then the battery died on my machine and stopped dripping the chemo...AFTER I plugged the stupid thing back in! (again from going to the bathroom every 10 minutes) But, we got through it.

The rads, have 14 external left (of 25) and I will be doing the 3 internal. I was gonna *try* to get out of those, but after speaking with the gyne/onco about it and finding out why she preferrs the internal as oppossed to the "high beam direct external"...yup, she makes sense once again. After reading the posts on here and talking to her it seems like the simulation is the worst of it. And she gave me an RX for a numbing gel to take with me in case they want to use the cath.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register