Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

Unread 07-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

I really appreciate this website and forum. I was diagnosed with OVCA IIIc and would have given up hope if I hadn't read what other brave women have gone through. I had a TAH with debulking and lost my nearest lymph nodes June 27th. I've been home since June 30th (my wedding anniversary!!) and feel great. I will probably start chemo in 2 weeks and this site has helped me to prepare. Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

Welcome to the club, Brighton, even though it's a club all of us would prefer not to join!!! On the other hand, what would we do without each other to vent with, learn from, and get through this with. You hang in there. We'll be here!!!

Unread 07-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

Welcome, although we all wish you didn't need our help. You will find that chemo is do-able and that we can help you through it. Take it easy until then and let yourself heal. Ask any and all questions you would like to and we'll help. Karenann is a five year survivor with no recurrence; I have had a couple recurrences but am just over 5 years out and still going strong. Others here are survivors of varying length and we understand a lot of things. We're here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

Hi there!
I'm sorry that you were diagnosed, but glad you found us!
We'll be here to help you every step of the way.
This site helped me so much over the past two years ...I can't imagine getting through this cancer journey without Hystersisters Cancer Concerns!

in there!

k9
Unread 07-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

Hi Brighton,

Glad you found your way to HysterSisters - a tremendous resource and support system for those of us with ovca. You also might want to connect with the American Cancer Society. They're available to take your call 24/7, 365 days a year and they are fabulous. Ask about their Look Good Feel Better program. And no, you won't be put on a mailing list and deluged with requests for support.

Starting chemo is one of the hardest parts of this journey. It was really helpful to talk to someone who'd been through it. ACS can probably connect you with someone in your area.

As you already know, this site is also available 24/7! And is visited by an incredibly knowledgeable and supportive group of women. You've come to the right place!

Very best wishes to you. You're going to meet some great people over the next few months and one day - not too far in the future - what you're going through now will be a distant memory.

s,

Margot
Unread 07-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

Thanks again for your support. Your bravery and love for life has inspired me to get through this for myself and my family. God Bless you all.
Unread 07-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

to our little corner of the world. A place no one wants to be, but the best place to be for support.

Sorry you are going through all this. Feel free to ask questions any time, the women here are wonderufl.

s
Jane
Unread 07-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

s Brighton

Just wanted to say hi and welcome.
You have come to a great place.
Hope you stay in touch as chemo begins because there is nothing like a been there, done that friend. And there are lots of us here.
My medical oncologist told me before chemo started that my anticipation of it would be far worse than the reality.
And for me his words rang true.
What is your treatment plan?

oxoxox karenann
Unread 07-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

I meet with the oncologist with my HMO July 18th. The gyn oncologist that did the surgery recommended 6 sessions of interperitoneal infusions, so I imagine they will follow her recommendations. I will know more after my appointment
Unread 07-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

Hi Brighton,

I've been away from the computer for a while, but I saw your post and just wanted to say hi and welcome to this wonderful group of survivors. In my opinion, you've found the right place to get the support and advice you will want to have for this cancer journey you're experiencing. We will help you in any way we can, even if you just need a cyber hug or someone to cheer you on!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register