i dont know what to do | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i dont know what to do i dont know what to do

Unread 07-08-2006, 08:07 PM
i dont know what to do

i had a hysterectomy done on june 21 2006 they left my ovaries but took everything else i took a sponge bath today and when i washed my pubic region area i noticed a lump on the inside of my virgina wall my sister felt it also and said that it felt big so i measured it it is 2 inches up and down and 3 inches across i called the hospital and all they told me was to come into the er but i went last night for heavy bleeding and was treated very badly so i really dont want to go through that again the lump is also causing pain i dont know what to do and i am very scared and dont know what to do could someone help me out in this matter thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2006, 08:10 PM
i dont know what to do

Hon, the only thing I can suggest is that you seek medical attention. I am sorry that you received such bad care, but you have to put that aside. You really need to have that looked at!! Please go to the er and keep us posted.
Jaclyn
Unread 07-08-2006, 08:13 PM
i dont know what to do

Is there another ER or Urgent Care in your area? Maybe they might be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2006, 08:23 PM
i dont know what to do

Please get medical help, especially if it hurts, otherwise do you think it can wait until Monday? Or you could call your Doctor's service and s/he can decide if it requires immediate care? Please let us know how you are doing.
Unread 07-08-2006, 08:23 PM
i dont know what to do

Call your dr. If he's not on call the answering service will put you to who is. He'll know best what you should do and some drs will even meet you at the ER if you need to be seen.
We'll be thinking of you during this time.
Unread 07-08-2006, 08:54 PM
i dont know what to do

Dori, Could you be feeling the top of your vagina? That area is trying to heal, so there could be tissue areas that are more swollen.

If it was me I would do exactly what intriguedtx suggested. call my Doctor's answering service and have the Doctor on call meet you at the ER. Let them know that you were in the ER last night and they made you feel apprehensive about returning.

Good Luck and please let us know how things go.
Unread 07-08-2006, 09:55 PM
i dont know what to do

I had this after my hysterectomy. Mine turned out to be an inflammed Barthalin's cyst. The dr. put something on it to numb it, then he had to drain it. (It kind of looked and felt like a boil) He prescibed a topical antibacterial and some topical numbing cream. It took about 2 weeks for it to go away. I dont know if that is what you have or not, (obviously), but I do know that it sounds painful. What did the ER say was causing your bleeding? Please call your dr. like the others have advised you, or if you have an Urgent Care type of facility, you can go there. Hopefully, they can treat you there. In the meantime, try putting an ice pack on it to help with the pain and swelling. Hope you get this figured out soon! Hugs, Amy
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:06 PM
i dont know what to do

dearest Dori Kay;
Remember the squeeky wheel gets the oil. Go back to the ER, and if you're not happy with that hospital go to another one. That is what I had to do to finally "get heard!" I had a Pulmonary Embolism, which is a blood clot in my lung, most people die from. Thank God, it was found and being treated in time, THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to another hospital ER and they took care of it. So please do what you have to do to take care of yourself! No one else will do as good a job as you--NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ignor what your body and women's intuition is saying, NEVER!!! You go girl and get back to me.
Lots of Love and hugs. Remember it takes COURAGE, and I know you can do this.
Candis
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:27 PM
i dont know what to do

I agree with Candis, and want to add someting ... do not feel shy, embarassed or apologetic. You are PAYING for your treatment, like any other customer, you deserve to be treated right! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register