Full blown bleeding after 4 weeks? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Full blown bleeding after 4 weeks? Full blown bleeding after 4 weeks?

Unread 07-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Full blown bleeding after 4 weeks?

Ok, now, what the heck is going on here??? I had a LSH 4 weeks ago. Had minimal spotting but not until 3 weeks post op. Now I am having pain in my back and abs and full blown bleeding??? I go in for my first post op check tomorrow, but gee whiz. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2006, 05:44 PM

did you call your doctor about the bleeding? they should have had you come in right away.... thats not good...and pain anywhere after surgery is not good either... please call them..it maybe nothing .but if its full blown bleeding....please call the answering service can get a hold of your doctor ..tomorrow is not good enough..
Unread 07-10-2006, 06:08 PM

thank you, I just got off the phone with the triage nurse. he told me to go to the ER because I should not be having this bleeding. now, i need to find a ride, AGAIN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2006, 06:33 PM

jazeekat, I hope all is fine with you. Thoughts and prayers are with you
Unread 07-10-2006, 06:48 PM

I am almost 7 months post-op and I have never had any kind of bleeding or spotting of any kind--until 2 days ago. It is very, very light and I'm not really worried about it --I figured I over did it last week when my parents came for a visit-- but where is this spotting coming from? It seems that since I have no uterus or cervix there would be no place for blood to go unless my cuff is still not completely healed? But at 7 months? I was being so smug because everytime I would read about someone having bleeding I would think--I am so glad that I am seeing nothing!! I feel fine-- I just am wondering where the blood is coming from.
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:35 AM

geo you to should call the doctor just ask them... jaz are you ok? what did they say...
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:34 AM

I didn't go into the ER because I did not have anyone to take me and there is no way I would call an ambulance for this. I have beenin ER twice since the surgeries. I have an appt today. It is still red this morning but just spotting. Still lots of pain and cramping, just like a period
Unread 07-12-2006, 12:06 AM

I had my LAVH 6/26, I have had full blown bleeding for 9 days now. It is the equivalent to a period. You might have pulled some stiches, or you might just be having a discharge. At least that is what I was told, I personally think it is a load of you know what, I think if you are bleeding you need to get with your doc. and dont let them just say "thisis normal" find out why your bleeding.
Unread 07-12-2006, 08:05 AM

Thank you girl. I was really upset yesterday because I went in for my appt at 1120, and was told it was at 120. I always double check the time of my appts. I was upset because I could not come back. I drove myself and should not have because I couldn't find anyone to take me. I get really dizzy and nauseated when I move around a lot. I cannot get in to be seen for that until next Monday July 17. I do not have a follow up appt yet but will call today. I know that the only way I will be able to be seen now is if I go into the ER again. I am sure it will be a couple of weeks before I have my FIRST post op visit. The bleeding stopped and its brown spotting now, but I have a lot of back and stomach pain.

Hope you get some satisfaction too!
Have a good day
Kat
Unread 07-12-2006, 08:40 AM

Jaz, I can't believe they would not let you be seen because you were early for your appt. Did they realize that you are having bleeding problems after surgery? I would be totally upset with that office.

I am sorry you are going through this. Will keep you in my prayers

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register