Poll: Would you consider helping Hystersisters this way? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
View Poll Results: Would you consider helping to distribute Hystersisters booklets?
Yes! I'd be happy to take the booklets to my doctor's office for him to distribute freely. 219 91.63%
No. I can't do that. 2 0.84%
Maybe. I'm not sure if I could participate. 18 7.53%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Poll: Would you consider helping Hystersisters this way? Poll: Would you consider helping Hystersisters this way?

Unread 07-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Poll: Would you consider helping Hystersisters this way?

This site has helped me out so much I will ask my Dr Im sure it will be ok! Great Idea!
Bev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Love the idea!

I will check with my Dr.'s office, but also at the hospital pre-op screening office where I went for bloodwork etc. I mentioned it to the nurse who was doing my pre-op interview, and she seemed to be excited to share the site with others. She wrote it down on a piece of paper, and said she couldn't wait to check it out. Great idea!
Unread 07-12-2006, 04:14 PM

I have already told my doctors and nurses, as well as the staff at our "healing arts" (massage, rekei, reflexology, yoga, etc.)center about how much hystersisters has helped me. However, some centers and doctors offices are a little leery about posting information they don't know anything about. I will ask at my doctor's office though. I think it's a wonderful idea.

I also work at a very large place where many women leave informational flyers in the rest rooms. How about that????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Poll

Great idea! I know that when I mentioned the Hystersisters site to my regular Gyn. he was enthusiastic and asked me for the site address. However, when I mentioned the site and how valuable it was to my gyn/onc he referred to the site as "my little friends online". Some docs can have BIG egos.
Unread 07-12-2006, 04:45 PM

count me in!
Unread 07-12-2006, 05:22 PM

Count me in as well, I do not think my Doctor knows about this site, when I was told I would have to have a hysterectomy a co-worker actually gave me the name of this site because her sister used it. Needless to say I think that this site is awesome, I was a basket case until I came to this site.
Unread 07-12-2006, 05:23 PM

Also a good place to leave some would be our compound pharm., they are so helpfull I would imagine they wouldn't mind an extra phamplet to pass out--especially for dealing with surgical menapause--most of the phamplets they have there to look at now are for women going threw natural menapause.
Unread 07-12-2006, 07:59 PM

Count me in as well!
Unread 07-12-2006, 08:53 PM

Count me in too!!!
Unread 07-12-2006, 09:17 PM

Kathy,

I work for a major Health Insurance company, we are nationwide across the USA. Our company sends out pamplets to members that have asmtha, heart disease, diabetes, etc. These pamplets are generated by members having had a claim being submitted with a diagnosis code of one of the above. I would love insurance companies to have this information available as well. We have Case Managers who are RN's help members who have health issues. I would love to see this filter in our health insurance companies as well.
I guess being in the Health Care industry, prevention is huge! This site can help depression problems as well as other issues that can ultimately help members in their recovery.

Has this ever been thought of as well?

A year ago I planned a huge Health Fair in my company and had everything from local Health fitness clubs, Mental health, Smoking cessation, nutrition, all the way to all kinds of pamplets to utilize, I would have LOVED to display these brocures there!!!! I work in an office with over 200 woman... between the several woman there that had already had a hysterectomy... to all of the woman that KNEW someone that had one.... I think these would have been very beneficial as well as popular!!!!

Kathy, have you thought of branching this site further then just the doctors offices? I have tons of ideas in mind if you would like to contact me!

Lisa
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register