Vaginal Cuff repaired 3 x's? Anyone! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Cuff repaired 3 x's? Anyone! Vaginal Cuff repaired 3 x's? Anyone!

Unread 07-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Vaginal Cuff repaired 3 x's? Anyone!

I have had my cuff repaired 2 times and I know I am having another issue and have to call the dr again. The second time I had no clue other than a yellow discharge (4 months post). First time was at 4 weeks post and they burned that one. The last time she cut it out and burned burned where she cut it out. Today I have some brownish discharge which tells me it is blood. I have also had sharp pains in my ab area which I had those before with repair 1 and 2. I really figured it was just healing pains. Definetely nothing to what I had experienced before. I am just wondering if anything would be wrong. I would your input on the output! Thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2006, 06:32 PM

Oh I feel for you! I just had cuff repair laser surgery done last week. My dr told me to stay bedridden for 3 weeks,I am a slow healer so she wants me off my feet to heal. I can only get up to go to bathroom and small walks around house for blood flow. What type of surgeries did you have? Do you have pain? I felt like I had a barbed wire ball between my legs,seems better,but will not really know until I can do things. Dr gave me silver sulpherdiane cream to use 1 x a day till tube is gone,seems to help. I also read on net that zinc 3x a day can help with healing,talk to your dr about this,I started this today. I have yet to be released since my lavh w/bso on 3-1-06. I am having yellowish discharge with what look likes sandpaper grit in it (tmi),but I was told this is normal for a couple of weeks after laser surgery and after burn cream is coming out after 24 hrs of me inserting it. Let me know what you have had done. Maybe we could help each other
Unread 07-13-2006, 08:42 AM

Hey Dawn,
Thanks for the reply! I had the silver nitrate both times but I was never told to stay off my feet either time. I even played tennis the next week twice. That is when I noticed the blood yesterday was after my second day of tennis. Last time she cut it out with no pain killer or anything. I was just going in for my check up and she said she didnt need me back until January if everything was okay. I had my 4 year old daughter with me last time and it was interesting. I am going to try to definetly find one for today. There is nothing worse than having her in there in a situation like that when they are doing that much. It was a long procedure last time.
I had an abdominal surgery with everything out, and the weird thing about the ab cut is my internal stitches tried to work there way out at 4 months post op. They caused little holes in my incision that had already healed. That hurt like I dont know what but only when I would touch it to see what it was.
Right now with this I am having little sharp stabbing cramps. Kept me up a bit last night. Then I have a discharge, but not like the yellow from the last time. The first time, I was still healing so discharge wasnt unusual, and I had gone into the bathroom and all of a sudden red bright blood everywhere when I wiped. Sorry another TMI! It freaked me out, did not have much after that, got in same day and had it fixed. No bedrest even at 4 weeks. I wasnt doing much anyway as far as activity. Oh I did hear that zinc is good for acne and my has been not nice to me ever since surgery. The zinc helps a little. I will have to ask about that Rx for the cream to treat it my self. I dont know what in the world I am going to do if she puts me on bed rest. I have a 4 and 8 year old home with me all day.
Anyway thanks again for listening and hopefully we can help each other. I will let you know what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2006, 04:03 PM

Dr may not call cream for you. (please note letters on computer board off) Cream for burns from laser cuff surgery. Dr burned my cuff on 7/5 surgery. Out of cream now just called dr for more seems to help. Hope dr calls rx for me. Have a achy burn feel now. Want to be done w/ all cuff problems. Ordered new board for computer hope to get soon. Hard to type!
Unread 07-13-2006, 09:19 PM

Curious here, what causes the cuff to get damaged?
Unread 07-13-2006, 09:25 PM

Actually it is just not healed, or you may overdue it sometimes. I think that is another reason why they say no sex for 6 weeks for most. You dont have a cuff if you cervix was not taken.
I did find out that mine was fine. She said everything looked great. She thinks I have a bladder infection or I am having problems with Endometreosis reoccuring . Atleast I didnt have to go through worring if I was going to recover fully this time. It takes a lot off my mind. Now I just got to hope it is just a bladder infection. I had one not too long ago. So who knows. Thanks for the concerns!
Dawn, I hope everything feels better for you. I am sure it will! Keep me posted!
Unread 07-14-2006, 04:30 PM

bladder infections are miserable too! I know when I get them I feel more pressure on cuff. Luckily meds kick in with in 24 hrs. Have noticed some improvement with my cuff pain. So maybe this is working. Still on bed rest 2 more weeks.
Unread 07-14-2006, 06:29 PM

Does everyone that has there cervix removed have to get a cuff?
Unread 07-14-2006, 07:07 PM

yes,it is the new closure to abdominal cavity.
Unread 07-14-2006, 10:34 PM

The Dr. told me it was my choice to remove cervix at consult exam. A vaginal cuff was never talked about, until Dawn explained what it is, I had no idea there was such a thing. My insides were such a mess I don't know if he could of left my cervix in, I guess I'll have to ask him, I'm curious. I wonder if it would be easier to heal if the cervix not removed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register