unrelated pains and up coming surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

unrelated pains and up coming surgery unrelated pains and up coming surgery

Unread 07-20-2006, 03:04 PM
unrelated pains and up coming surgery

I had 2 pre-ops on Tuesday. One with my PCP who asked me if I had anything new since she saw me in April. I said that my side continues to plague me. I've had issues with my side for years, but it acted up after my last d and c in December. And yes they've tested me for gall bladder over and over. PCP and my GI doc had done another ultrasound and ct scan in February and found nothing. I have reflux disease and a touch of IBS. I told her about the 2 new pain sensations there that I have experienced in just the last 2 months that seem to point to muscle in my mind. I've been seeing a Chiropactor for 2 weeks now hoping that will help. He has helped some things, but not that. My PCP didn't seem too concerned and made a note to call me in September when the new GI comes on staff to reevalute, ordered the pre-op blood tests and sent me on my way to the GYN. Yesterday and this morning I've been woken up before 5 with pain in that same area just below the ribs to the right. One spot was throbbing a bit. I laid there with the pain evaluting it and decided it wasn't my reflux or my back. Besides the fact it woke me up from a sound sleep, it was somewhat different even though in the same spot. I've tried ice and heat hoping it is deep muscle, but don't think either really helps. Of course I'm nervous about the surgery, but going into surgery with not really knowing what this is or how to make it better scares me. If I call my PCP, I'm afraid she'll automatically postpone the surgery. I'm thinking about just waiting until Monday to see if it just gets better. I see the chiropactor tomorrow and Monday again. My surgery in next Thursday. Anyone have anything similiar or comments or help? Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2006, 11:09 PM

I'm so sorry you have an unexplained pain. I haven't personally experienced anything like that so I don't really know what to tell you other than to report it to your doctor. I know you don't want your surgery postponed, but it really should be checked out.

I hope you find an answer and feel better soon! Let us know how you're doing.

s, Deb
Unread 07-22-2006, 10:00 AM

you would think in this day and age the doctors would be able to answer a simple question...im sorry for your pain,i hope they can answer it for you..do you think maybe you have an infection?it sounds like gas but if a gi cant find it then they should look into other alternitives...good luck we will send prayers your way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2006, 11:45 PM

You might ask your chiropractor if he/she thinks that your chiropractic treatments might have something to do with this. Just a thought.

I don't want to see your surgery delayed unnecessarily either, but if there's something else going on maybe it would be best to get the immediate issue resolved. to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register