new concern (very detailed) Sorry | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new concern (very detailed) Sorry new concern (very detailed) Sorry

Unread 07-21-2006, 04:13 PM
new concern (very detailed) Sorry

Hello everyone,

I have a new (big) concern!! This is pretty embarrassing so I am just going to get to the point........

okay this afternoon, my dh was looking at my incision and vagina he got this weird look on his face so I was confused and scare so I asked whats up with the look and he said that my hole(canal) is either really swollen or there is something there. I was like what do u me he said that It looks like something (roundish flesh big) is coming out of me so I bent over and took a look and allbe it does look like a big cyst is right at the edge of my canal . Should I be concern and go to the hospital ,it doesnt hurt but I dont ever remeber this before. Now I can feel it when I sit with legs crossed.could it be something falling out ??I had a tah kept overies .Sorry so detailed I am now freaking out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2006, 04:19 PM

Please call you doctor just to be safe.. You are probably just swollen but better safe than sorry.. Call right now before it gets to be too late. let us know
Unread 07-21-2006, 04:23 PM

Please call your dr or go to the emergancy room asap. To my knowledge it is not normal to have anything like that after a TAH. question did you keep your cervix or was is removed? If it was removed you have a vaginal cuff, which is a bit like the toe of a sock where the ends were sewn together. It isnt possible for something to fall out as such. You may have an infection or as you said it may be a cyst. Please dont delay in dinding answers from a medical expert.best of luck and keep us posted please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2006, 04:34 PM

no my cervix is gone I just called my dr. waiting for her to call me back , I will let u know . Thanks for the replys
Unread 07-21-2006, 05:56 PM

Jules...are you okay? Post as soon as you can!
I hope you went to the ER.
I'm worried.
Unread 07-21-2006, 06:01 PM

okay, Had to run to the hospital thank god its right aroung the corner and now I'm back from the hospital , doctor did a vaginal exam and said that there is nothing to worry about that its just swelling Yippee what a relief. but when he pulled out the tools to check me I started laughing and told him hey wait nothing is supposed to enter the vagina. the nurse started cracking up.
Unread 07-21-2006, 06:24 PM

Swelling...thank goodness! Now I wonder if I should flag someone down from outside to come look at mine!!! LOL
I guess I can look with a mirror! I'm curious now.

I'm soooo glad you are fine! Do you have to take anything for the swelling or is it normal?

I crack jokes when I'm scared to death too. My whole pre op stuff was one big comedy act!!
Unread 07-21-2006, 06:29 PM

The swelling is normal from what doc says that the belly is swollen so it pushes on everthing else and could cause swelling and pain. I told him that I felt like I was holding something in and he laughed at me and said your fine theres nothing to hold in , but I wasnt cracking a joke thats how it feels. LOL I felt like such a dumb dumb but hey its all good I am fine now I need nerve pills to get threw this forget about the pain pills pass the xanax lol. Thanks for being concerned
Unread 07-21-2006, 06:40 PM

I'm so glad everything is okay. As I was reading this post, I started to freak out for you. If you're close to KY I've got your Xanax! Come on over!!
Unread 07-21-2006, 08:00 PM

glad thats' all that it was! and humor is the best medicine, some docs and nurses think i'm a little touched because i can laugh at sooooooo much!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register