Nerves are getting to me! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nerves are getting to me! Nerves are getting to me!

Unread 07-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Nerves are getting to me!

Hi ladies,

Thursday is the big day and I find myself getting very anxious. Went balistic on the dh today. One minute I'm happy as a clam cuz I know it will all be over soon and I will feel great, the next I still have that worried sick feeling. Any advice for getting through the next couple of days? I am drinking tea and trying to think positive, but I don't know if that's enough to keep my sanity.

Also, I just wanted to say that I have read all the pre-op advice and it has been so helpful. This site is awesome and it feels so good to know I'm not alone! Thanks to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2006, 10:31 PM

Hi,

I can understand the waiting for the surgery is getting to you. It is perfectly normal to feel anxious. I found keeping busy and out of the house to help me most. I went shopping for things for my post-op recovery as a princess. I got things done around the house in order, and food bought.

I also did some walking which relaxed me as well.

Best wishes to you. You are not alone here.

s
Unread 07-24-2006, 10:34 PM
You can do it!

I could have written your words just a week ago! I am 6 days since my TAH and the relief is just incredible! Even when I woke up after surgery I thought "It's done, I don't have to worry about it anymore!" Of course, there is the recovery, but being waited on is not bad!(lol ) My last few days I stayed busy, busy...cleaning house, grocery shopping, freezing meals, even painted some doors and trim in my house. You'll be so much better off if you don't have a lot of time to think, and then your castle day will be here before you know it. Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2006, 11:12 PM

I too was very nervous and even thought of backing out last minute. But I too tried my best to stay very busy and read this forum as much as possible to see just what everyone went thru and what to expect. When the day came it just took care of itself. You just let it happen, Its over before you know it, the hospital staff and family take over..Everyone is soo kind and you will be just fine.
God bless you

Rachel
Unread 07-25-2006, 05:35 PM

thanks to all, your support truly helps!
Unread 07-25-2006, 05:39 PM

shopping anyone?? do some shopping for post op. Might even be able to wear white some day.
Unread 07-25-2006, 09:51 PM

Been there, done that, Tiffinfl! It's really a wonder I'm still married I went off so bad. If you are all set to ponder what is to come, be sure you do it right here with the Hystersisters. Kills time in such a nice way. Tell DH you are sorry, and he'll be much happier too. Surely by now he's figured out you can't help yourself.
It'll be here before you know it, and it will be soooooo nice! Find my thread "TAH and home in 36 hours". I wrote it as soon as I got home, so the feelings were real.
Best of luck to you - it truly will happen and things will be much better!
Z.
Unread 07-25-2006, 11:15 PM

My day is thursday,too! I am definitely feeling what you spoke of. I'm calm one minute, a basket case the next....Dh and I went to Portland for my last dinner out for awhile We walked around after and I just felt the breeze and smellled the ocean and felt like me again..for a few seconds..LOL I'll be thinking of you on Thurday! Val
Unread 07-26-2006, 09:10 PM

Thanks Val! I will say a little prayer for you and all my newfound 'sisters'! good luck and God bless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register