Been a long time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Been a long time Been a long time

Unread 07-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Been a long time

It has been a long time since I have been on here. Since I last visited I have been having a terrible year. I am in counseling now to try to get a grip on all my pain and suffering from my hyst. I feel like I can't seem to bring it all together no matter how hard I try and frankly, I get tired of trying. I have dealt with Mother's day one more time. Talk about a rough day. My mother understood that I was taking time for me, but my sister was horribly upset that I didn't call her on Mother's day. I understand that Mother's day is an honor to OUR mothers, but I just can't bring myself to be "sociable" on that day.
Since January I have really been struggling with depression. I will do almost anything to get away from my own mind. I drink, take too many pills, turn on mindless TV instead of being out living my life. This is the reason that I had the hyst, so that I could go on with my life and not deal with the pain. But all I did was trade one pain for a much deeper and harder to control pain.
Anyone with any great answers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Been a long time

I am sorry you are struggling and suffering so much, and I am glad you found us again. It is normal to grieve after this surgery. I am glad to hear you are going to counseling, as it helps to talk it out with someone.

Have you tried writing in a journal? Sometimes it helps to write things down. I also have worked on replacing my negative thoughts to positive ones to get past the block that is keeping me from moving on.

I will pray that you will be strong and get out of this place you are in. You are worth fighting for and there is a whole beautiful world out there waiting for you.

You hang in there, you are not alone, and you can vent and talk here all you want , for we are good listeners and understand how hard this can be.

s s
Unread 07-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Been a long time

's muchtooyoung-first of all I can relate in a different way not liking mother's day and if you find my post called my dream here in aching heart's you'll understand. I am so sorry for your pain and wish so much to say something that makes it better! All life has purpose you are special and loved. Please continue with your councelor and maybe see your dr for some medication to help. I myself take zoloft and its helping -but I am also determined to get balance in my life. This has probably been one of the hardest things I've been through but we are not alone and we can make it. Please stay with these sisters...they are wonderful and we can all encourage each other and make it through. I'm sending lot's of 's and prayers for you! Karey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Been a long time

I don't really have any answers, but just wanted to drop in and tell you that you are not alone in this! I too am struggling with many issues, and it has been a very hard year for me also. I feel like I will never be the same as I was, and am having a difficult time adjusting to this new person I am. I spend hours on the computer or sleeping when I should be out living life, but I have no energy or motivation or desire. The depression is awful at times. It is a very frightening place to be that is for sure, and my heart goes out to you also. I hope that the counseling really helps you in getting your life back. Please take care of yourself and keep in touch with Hystersisters. There is so much support, information, and sharing here that is invaluable. It has been my lifeline when no one else understands.

Unread 07-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Been a long time

Hi there,
The best thing I ever did when I was really down was volunteer. I've done Meals on Wheels, Animal Rescue and some Hospice volunteering. It really helped me to focus on others instead of staying home sad and moping like I did for so long.
If there is something your have an interest or talent in - maybe you would consider volunteering an hour or two each week. It will get you out, take your mind off of things and give you something to look forward to.
Just a thought. I hope you are feeling better very soon.
Unread 08-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Been a long time

Awwh ((muchtooyoung)),
I'm so truly sorry you are going through so much and things are weighing so heavily on your heart. But, remember, you don't have to go down this long road on your own. This may sound strange, but sometimes, when you are in counseling, etc. things get worse before they can get better. Just hang in there...don't ever give up because you do have a purpose here and we never know what positive thing may be just around the next corner. I think it's helpful sometimes to just make ourselves get out and do something even if we really don't want to and also it helps to get back into the things in life that gave you pleasure. Being able to journal your feelings is a very empowering and cathargic thing to do. I just wanted to respond and offer you an extra shoulder when you need it as have the other sisters....hang in there & let us know how you are doing!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register