What losing my uterus did for me! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What losing my uterus did  for me! What losing my uterus did for me!

Unread 05-14-2001, 06:58 AM
What losing my uterus did for me!

I am closing in on my one year anniversary here and suddenly realized all of the changes that I have gone through in that time. Besides the obvious physical ones I have been blessed with the emergence of an outgoing personality all of a sudden! I used to be timid and shy but am now on the move a lot and speak my mind when I feel like it. I feel more alive than ever and am so happy to be here to share it with everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2001, 07:17 AM

My mother in law told me before my surgery, that this would make us women strong in a way that we would only understand after surgery. I guess this is what she was talking about for you!
Unread 05-15-2001, 08:05 AM
Hi Jennie and Cyd

I just read your message Jennie and Cyd's response... so here I am adding my perspective. Congratulations JENNIE on your one year coming up I too at one year in April have found that there is always something good that comes from adversity that we all have shared here in one way or the other...... Thank you for being here and sharing with me. I enjoy reading your posts Jennie and Cyd. My "mouse" just seems to check out this site some days more than others I guess it is because I found this site at 3 mo post .....still catching up and meeting such nice gals!

What state are you from Jennie? I am in N. Calif. How is the weather Cyd on the Eastern Shore. We've had a cold front move in but still sunny and cool today.

I am glad for all the hard work you have done on making this site a place to come even though we are moving down that road quicker than we once thought in those early dog days I still enjoy coming here to share and offer comfort when I can.. Hugs for both of you and a rose from my yard and a rootbeer float to share and believe it or not my dog looks exactly like this guy Carole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2001, 11:39 AM

I'm over a year post op but it has made me quit
letting people pull my strings, I also don't do things I don't want to do anymore, like going to Candle or Tupperware partys, I say whats on my mind ( without hurting peoples feelings) and if in-laws or relatives
want to try lay guilt trips on me not to let them.
You'd be suprised when you just say no people
quit pulling on you. TAH BSO 9/99
Unread 05-16-2001, 04:13 AM

That is exactly how I have been feeling! I used to be timid and shy and let others make the decisions. Now, I speak my mind and have confidence in me!
Unread 05-18-2001, 04:20 AM

This is so cool! I am about 16 weeks post-op and in the last two weeks, my mother, my husband, and my best girl friend have all told me that (in so many words) I seem so much more relaxed and 'chilled out' than before. None of them knew that the others had said something similar. Really wierd. So now, I notice it about myself too.

I was layed off from my job about 6 weeks ago and had had two interviews with a company for a job that I REALLY wanted. It was perfect for me. I found out yesterday that I didn't get the job, and my very first thought was: 'That must not have been the right job for me! There is something better that will come along.'

My husband was like 'who are you??'. He loves it...and I do too. Life is really wonderful!
Unread 05-22-2001, 10:12 PM

Jennie,
This is a great thread! thanks you always have great ideas!

I will be a year on Friday. What a landmark. Congratulations Jennie. You have come a long way. I have seen the changes in you.

It is really fun to make these positive changes. Now mind you not everyone believes these changes are positive.:-) I actually thought it was my being 45 and feeling more mature but I do believe that the hyst has given me more confidence.

Weve come along way baby!
Unread 05-23-2001, 04:13 AM

This is how I feel too Jody That's why I wanted others to know. Sure it could be us maturing but honestly before the hyst I was not as outgoing around so many people. I had my group of people I was that way with but not everyone. I even had a hard time with som of the classes iI had at school because I didn't want to be harsh and mean. Now, I let them know how I feel and what the consequences for not following my rules are no matter what This has been one heck of a ride!
Unread 05-24-2001, 02:23 PM
Don't laugh too hard...

I swear this is the truth. One of the things losing my uterus has done for me: I can now walk on the treadmill without holding on to the bars! Prior to my tah, I always felt clumsy at the gym because I would be working out next to people running on the treadmill, pumping their arms...and if I let go of the bars I would go tumbling off! The first time I went back to the gym I tried the treadmill w/o holding on and it was a breeze! I can even watch the tv while getting in my 2 miles! I started giggling that first time thinking, "Wow...my uterus must have been throwing me off balance!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register