Just Wondering | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Wondering Just Wondering

Unread 08-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Just Wondering

I tried taking Lupron before my hysterectomy to see if it would work. I took it for two months but had multiple side effects. I then decided to have a hysterectomy. One of the side effects I had from the Lupron was bloating. It was bad three weeks before my hysterectomy and has been bad ever since. It's been 7 weeks since my surgery and besides the bad bloating, I'm also feeling fatigued and sometimes have high blood pressure. I've never had high blood pressure before I started taking the Lupron and it seems to be "spiking" more frequently lately. (To the point that I can feel it in the sides of my neck) I don't know if the high blood pressure could be related to the Lupron or to the bad bloating that I've had.

Has anyone else ever taken Lupron? How long does it stay in your system?

Although I am still recovering, I feel like I've been making some progress. I have been having some better days lately. I have been getting out of the house for longer periods of time and doing some shopping. It helps my mood quite a bit, but I'm not so sure about my wallet. (lol )

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Just Wondering

Hi JustCurious,

According to what I just read at Drugs.com, there are different doses and methods of administering Lupron. They each work in the body for different lengths of time.

This sounds like a good question for your Dr. If it isn't the Lupron, it could be that your ovaries are still a little "stunned" from surgery and you may need a little hormonal help until they get up to speed.

Let us know what your Dr says.

Kay
Unread 08-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Doctor's Response

I took the Lupron in two one-month injections. I had asked my OB/GYN about how long the Lupron would stay in my system, and he said that at the end of the month it would be completely gone. I saw my GP towards the end of the second injection and he seemed to think it would take longer, but he didn't say how much longer. I know medication can affect everyone differently, but I don't know which doctor is right.

I had both my ovaries removed (along with everything else) when I had my hysterectomy. I am currently on Enjuvia (.45 mg) which seems to be working very well so far.

Unread 08-03-2006, 07:58 AM
Just Wondering

High blood pressure can be very dangerous, as you know. I would definitely have that checked out, no matter what. Let us know what the doctor says, OK?
Unread 08-03-2006, 11:36 AM
High Blood Pressure

My GP is aware of my high blood pressure and has been keeping an eye on it. He has told me that he thinks that it is due to the Lupron and the recovery from the hysterectomy. He also said that because of this he doesn't want to give me any medication for it because he thinks it will go away eventually. He said that the anxiety from the Lupron was probably what first caused my blood pressure to become high. I also become anxious when my blood pressure "spikes" and I think that this adds to the problem. I have had days that it doesn't seem to bother me as much as others. I'm hoping that these days become "the norm" quickly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register