Wondering if I should go through with it, then | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wondering if I should go through with it, then Wondering if I should go through with it, then

Unread 08-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Wondering if I should go through with it, then

the pain hit today and has been burning all day on my left side. I have a tiny fibroid there, but that side has been the source of many laparoscopies to get rid of endometriosis and adhesions. To make matters more decisive, I think I have a cyst on my ovary too...top all this off with a yeast infection and I am sooooooooo ready for surgery. My lower back hurts and the cramping has set in. As long as I stay on top of the pain with vicodin or percocet, I will be doing good.

One week and counting till surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2006, 02:06 AM

I think this is God's way of reminding us why we are having these procedures. Look how many women have had WICKED, WICKED periods right before their hysts.... (Self included).

Just kind of reinforces things, ya know?

Good luck to you - its almost here!
Unread 08-04-2006, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANative
I think this is God's way of reminding us why we are having these procedures. Look how many women have had WICKED, WICKED periods right before their hysts.... (Self included).

Just kind of reinforces things, ya know?

Good luck to you - its almost here!
Yes it does reinforce things! Thankfully I don't get the wicked bleeding anymore and that is only because the infection I had when I lost my son obliterated my lining or I am sure that I would have been back to "POURING" out every month. My poor dh has to miss a day of work every month because of my period starting and my being so sick from the pain so that he can take care of the kids. This is even if I am up on the pain from the start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2006, 10:00 AM

I have been so lucky in that regard. While I run blood like a faucet, the pain is a dull and consistent ache, except for the spasms I get with the radiant pain and the migraines.

How great that DH is able to help you out that way - some men would not do that.
Unread 08-04-2006, 10:15 AM

I agree that all the suffering we are going through does reinforce the reasons for it..since finding out 5 weeks ago that they will preform a hysterectomy i have been asking myself if im doing the right thing..the constant bleeding,the fact that im spaced out on painkilers,which my body are soo used too makes any doubts disappear.
At the moment desite the painkillers im still hurting,but cant risk taking any more just yet as im caring for my family..my partner is on his way home so i can get alittle more relief..
August the 15th cant come soon enough for me
I hope your pain eases soon
Unread 08-04-2006, 03:11 PM

I think that it's kinda weird that this happens to so many women. I know I was questioning my decision....till my last period...it was so awful I no longer had too many doubts. Then after the surgery, the report came back that I had adeno...which doesn't respond well to hormones or ablation. It reaffirmed that I HAD made the right decision. Good luck and
Unread 08-04-2006, 04:18 PM

I had an ablation Sept. 2002 and since then periods got more and more painful and heavy. Last year I was scheduled for a consult and put it off due to surgery on my blocked sinus. After my annual pap Dr ordered an ultra sound and found I was full of tiny fibroids and my uterus was double in size. Scared me enough to say "Let's do it" . I'm so ready for Tuesday, Aug 8th.
Unread 08-04-2006, 06:10 PM

My last go-round with 'ol AF also obliterated the doubts I was having. I can't wait till the 15th, either (((cyber hand-holding))) with queenpink!

Cathy
Unread 08-04-2006, 10:43 PM

I wondered if I should go through with it a couple of times but most of the time I figured it had to be better than missing all my vacation and sick time at work because I was bleeding to death and in pain. By the time I walked out of work on the 21st of July I was ready to high five it with everyone. One of the guys even asked me if I thought I was having lipo or a facelift cause I was so excited about getting it done. He said most women would be down in dumps, But he hasn't been through all I have for the last 5 yrs. Of course as soon as I got the call with the date my period decided to behave. I knew I needed it anyway or it would probably have started yesterday when it was due and not ended till Nov or Dec like it had been doing to me for yrs now.
Unread 08-06-2006, 03:19 AM

I have finally lost the freaky little control monster who has been badgering me since last week when they postponed my surgery and I calmed down enough to meet with the oncologist and an amazing thing I happened.

I got the voice in my head that said, "YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING". And there were all these little affirmations from others about how this was a good choice and how it sounded like a good plan and so on....

Ahh...I love it when a plan comes together! Now, if I could just get back on the schedule....

Hey! Maybe CyberCat and I can be at the hospital at the same time!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register