Just wondering | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just wondering Just wondering

Unread 08-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Just wondering

how far in advance you ladies have had your hysterectomy scheduled? I keep looking at dates & mineseems to be before most. I scheduled mine Monday for next Tuesday. I am thinking maybe that's why I haven't been nervous bc it's coming so quick. I am more worried about getting the house clean. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Just wondering

It depends on your dr, your hospital, your hyst type, your insurance, who all will be assisting with your surgery, etc. on how quickly you get scheduled. I could have had mine right away but chose to wait a couple weeks so my mom would have time to fly down. Some ladies want to schedule theirs at a more convenient time for their personal lives so they schedule them out farther. Others have more than one dr coordinating schedules so it takes a bit to to find a date that works for everyone involved. And depending on how busy a dr is or how often a dr operates, that affects scheduling as well.

Unread 08-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Just wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Mustang
how far in advance you ladies have had your hysterectomy scheduled? I keep looking at dates & mineseems to be before most. I scheduled mine Monday for next Tuesday. I am thinking maybe that's why I haven't been nervous bc it's coming so quick. I am more worried about getting the house clean. LOL

The only reason mine got scheduled 6 weeks out is because we were going on vacation. My hyst would have been today or sooner if my dr. was not scheduled off this week (he is on vacation and his daughter is participating in Zone swimming finals - our kids are on the same swim team). Anyway, he brought his calendar into the room let me choose any other Friday or day for August, no dates for September (that is the month I lost my son) and I could have chosen any date in October. My dr. is coming in on his day off next Friday to do my surgery. He let me choose his day off so that I would have adequate child care over a weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Just wondering

I got a 5 week notice cuz my Dr. had vacation planned and I thought it was so long to wait but it's gone faster than I thought. My date is Tuesday also. Best wishes in your recovery!!!
Unread 08-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Just wondering

I scheduled mine in 6 weeks because we had graduations, vacations, and husband moving home to deal with first. I'm going to the castle on Monday so good luck on Tuesday!
Unread 08-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Just wondering

Here in the UK you tend to go onto a waiting list for any surgery unless its an emergancy,although at my local hospital we have what we call an easi-book system,they give you available dates and you select the one best for you. I was told 5 weeks ago that i was to have a TAH and was very surprised when they came back and gave me a date so soon,i was expecting to wait around 12 weeks or so.
Im now busy arranging everything,doing all my housework,washing ect oh and fitting in as many shopping trips as possible as i wont beable to do that for a while lol
Best wishes for everyone preparing for surgery
xx
Unread 08-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Just wondering

I would have killed to get in sooner, but the best my doc. could do was about 6 wks out from when I was scheduling. It was either that or take time off during the school year, or wait till next summer. I will only have 2 weeks off before I have to go back to my teaching job. I wish I could take off more time if I need it, but what teacher wants to miss the first week of school? I expect to be wiped out because September is the most intense time if the year! Ai-yi-yi!

Cathy
Unread 08-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Just wondering

My wait was 6 wks due to scheduling both the Dr and assisting Dr. I would've loved to have it sooner-had way too much time to stress out over it!
Unread 08-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Just wondering

Oringinally, the soonest my Dr. could get me in was Sept. 22. I whined and told her that I couldn't wait that long. She arranged to get some more OR time and canceled off ice visits and got me in Aug. 25. I think it has a lot to do with how busy your doctors practice is.
Unread 08-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Just wondering

I could have had it within a few days but chose to put it off for a little over a week so I could notify my work and see what steps we could get put into place prior to my going out. I did not have much time to dwell on the surgery. I'm glad mine was done quickly!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register