scheduled for surgery on the 29th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scheduled for surgery on the 29th scheduled for surgery on the 29th

Unread 08-09-2006, 02:25 PM
scheduled for surgery on the 29th

I am scheduled for a laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy and ovary removal on August 29th. I am interested in hearing about other womens experiences who have had this same surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2006, 02:47 PM

My total abdominal is scheduled for that day too. Good luck!
Unread 08-09-2006, 03:49 PM

I had a LSH & aside from anesthesia complications ( I have a lot of allergies) the surgery was successful. I feel so much better inside since this surgery. The first 3 days are rough b/c of the gas the Dr. uses-make sure you get out for walks & drink plenty of water. If you are unable to stay regular, ask your Dr. for a stool softner. Pooping can be sore the first few weeks.
I am now 2 weeks post op & aside from some 6 week restrictions & afternoon naps everyday, I am pretty much back into my old routine. I am glad I had the surgery. I am even more glad about finding this website. All the love & support here gives you the strength & confidence to go through with this surgery. God Bless everyone here.

Good luck to you on Aug. 29 & speedy recovery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2006, 06:24 PM

I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on the 29th as well, i have not had my pre-op appt yet.. so I'm not sure exactly how it will be done. I have adhesions and an appendectomy in the past.. I'm think she might have to perform it thru my belly . Either way I'm so happy to be getting it done.. after 6 years of heavy bleeding and pain, i will not longer plan my life around the pain .yipppeeeeeeee......
Unread 08-09-2006, 07:20 PM

I had a LSH and I thought everything went great, no problems. One day surgery, in at 6am and left the surgery center around 6pm.
The dr. had me on a 2 week restriction. I drove in a week and back to work in two. I was most uncomfortable when sleeping the first week. You will probably be a little sore. Follow your dr's orders. I wish you the best of luck.
Unread 10-27-2006, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltown
I had a LSH and I thought everything went great, no problems. One day surgery, in at 6am and left the surgery center around 6pm.
The dr. had me on a 2 week restriction. I drove in a week and back to work in two. I was most uncomfortable when sleeping the first week. You will probably be a little sore. Follow your dr's orders. I wish you the best of luck.
Voltown, I may have waited too long to post to this thread, but I have a question for you.

I have simple hyperplasia with mild atypia that seems to persist. I am on Megace for three months, if there is no change then I will go with hysterectomy.

I want the supracervical laprascopic hysterectomy. I live in middle Georgia, but noticed that you were from Atlanta. Have you heard of Dr. Thomas Lyons? Even though the trip to Atlanta would be over 100 miles, I am thinking of having him do the surgery.
Unread 10-27-2006, 09:45 AM

I had LSH on Tuesday afternoon, was home wed. at noon, I feel Great!!!! I took a few advil for pain, nothing today. I am so glad I was able to have this type of surgery. I never thought I would feel so good 3 days later. I am just resting and drinking alot of water, I am not going to overdo it

Best wishes, You will do great!!

Christine
Unread 10-27-2006, 10:35 AM

Christine,

Thank you for the encouragement. I am so afraid of the surgery, but this option sounds the best to me. I asked my doctor in middle Georgia and at first she said that she didn't think it was a good idea. When I mentioned that I had no risk factors for cervical cancer, then she said that her partners had done the SLH, but she hadn't. She said she would have to have one of her partners watch her as she performed my surgery. I was thinking...Oh, my! I don't want to be your first supracervical. That's why I was asking about Dr. Lyons.

Where did you have your surgery performed? I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register