Personal Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Personal Question Personal Question

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 08-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Personal Question

I have got to ask this because now I'm worried. I have talked to my sister, my best friend and good friends at work who have ALL had hysts and they said that their libido was diminished a little, some said sex was better ... well my DH's aunt told me yesterday that it's NOT TRUE, that they're just kidding themselves that sex is NEVER EVER the same again and most women just end up faking it to make their spouses happy. Please tell me this is NOT true. I have an extremely HIGH libido, so if it goes down some, well I'm not worried but the thought that I may never want/need/or enjoy sex again is freaking me out. Sorry if this is way too personal but this is an important part of my life. Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Personal Question

Well I hope they aren't lying! I am due to have my LAVH and BSO in a couple weeks! From what I have read on this site, on the boards, googling the internet and also from Fran Dresher's (The Nanny) book, sex is just as good and sometimes even better after hysterectomy . Fran Dresher found out she had uterine cancer, and had everything removed. She was very upset and worried her sex life would suffer (her BF is 10 yrs younger! ) but stats emphatically that things are just great . Reading this made me feel much better.
  #3  
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Personal Question

  Quote:
Originally Posted by falldc
Well I hope they aren't lying! I am due to have my LAVH and BSO in a couple weeks! From what I have read on this site, on the boards, googling the internet and also from Fran Dresher's (The Nanny) book, sex is just as good and sometimes even better after hysterectomy . Fran Dresher found out she had uterine cancer, and had everything removed. She was very upset and worried her sex life would suffer (her BF is 10 yrs younger! ) but stats emphatically that things are just great . Reading this made me feel much better.
Thanks, it helps to hear this. The thought of losing something so wonderful in my life kills me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Personal Question

It's a flat out LIE.. Sex has never been so good.. Takes a little bit to get to the new you, but I can assure you that for me it has never been so good. My orgasms (TMI) are different, yes but at the same time, they are better than ever. Maybe your aunt didn't have much of a sex drive to begin with or has a mental thing going on about sex..If you and your husband are open and honest it'll be so wonderful and just think, no Aunt Flo to get in the way.. May you have a speedy recovery
in Novemeber and remember that you only have one chance to heal right so pamper the princess and DON'T have sex until the doctor gives you the ok.
take care of yourself.
  #5  
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Personal Question

There's always one in every family--the one who has to tell you of all the horror stories...! Not what you need right now!!

I hear its different for different people. There are things that can be done if you have that problem, from what I hear.
  #6  
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Personal Question

  Quote:
Originally Posted by readyforgym
It's a flat out LIE.. Sex has never been so good.. Takes a little bit to get to the new you, but I can assure you that for me it has never been so good. My orgasms (TMI) are different, yes but at the same time, they are better than ever. Maybe your aunt didn't have much of a sex drive to begin with or has a mental thing going on about sex..If you and your husband are open and honest it'll be so wonderful and just think, no Aunt Flo to get in the way.. May you have a speedy recovery
in Novemeber and remember that you only have one chance to heal right so pamper the princess and DON'T have sex until the doctor gives you the ok.
take care of yourself.
That's kind of what I was thinking, that she just didn't like it before.
I'm always in pain now and sometimes it's not enjoyable because of it so I'm sure the lack of constant pain, pressure, cramping will be a relief in itself.
Thank you for your honesty.
  #7  
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Personal Question

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldcitea
There's always one in every family--the one who has to tell you of all the horror stories...! Not what you need right now!!

I hear its different for different people. There are things that can be done if you have that problem, from what I hear.

Actually if she wasn't lying in a hospital bed with a cancer recurrence and not looking good, I may have said something to her, but respect was important now, but I'll go down fighting for my sex life ... LOL
  #8  
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Personal Question

You go girl..
  #9  
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Personal Question

s to you! I am sorry about your aunts comments. I do want to let you know that in all honesty, there are women who do have issues with sex after a hyst. But on the other hand, many women find that when their pain is gone, sex is so much better.

I have had no negative issues regarding sex because I had a hyst. I did keep my ovaries however. As you will not be keeping your ovaries, it might take a little time and patients to find the right hormone balance for you. You can even talk to your dr prior to your hyst about your concerns and make sure you will both be on the same page after your hyst to make sure your sex life is as good as it can be.

Many best wishes to you and I am sorry that your aunt is having such health issues right now. in there!
  #10  
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Personal Question

Well, I'm only two weeks out and my libido is much higher I can hardly stand it! I go for my post op tomorrow. Hope I get the green light soon!!
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
7 Replies, Last Reply 05-21-2010, Started By Winbox
17 Replies, Last Reply 05-01-2010, Started By HShere
19 Replies, Last Reply 10-21-2008, Started By october23
11 Replies, Last Reply 11-14-2007, Started By TamaraJo
2 Replies, Last Reply 06-11-2007, Started By wj1172
9 Replies, Last Reply 01-23-2007, Started By miracle31
7 Replies, Last Reply 11-05-2006, Started By mrsrn42
5 Replies, Last Reply 08-15-2006, Started By sisterpn
13 Replies, Last Reply 04-05-2002, Started By Melsevene
8 Replies, Last Reply 11-14-2000, Started By hope4me10
1 Reply, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
6 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
26 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
6 Replies, Cancer Concerns - GYN
7 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
21 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
5 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

January 25,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement