Another doc, another disappointment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another doc, another disappointment Another doc, another disappointment

Unread 05-15-2001, 03:25 PM
Another doc, another disappointment

Well ladies, on the advice of my neurologist I went to see a plastic surgeon that he recommended for my continuing pelvic and incisional pain. Deep down I knew this wasn't the answer but went anyways. And yep, my instincts were right. I got the quizzical look, as if to say "what do you think I can do for you?" Anyways, the visit was a complete bust. He did examine me and say that he thought the problem was internal. Duh!!! That is what I've been saying. So than he tells me that I should see an ob-gyn. Duh! Done that. So I ask him for recommendations and of course he has NONE. So I am back to square one. I'm seriously considering going back to the doc that did the hysterectomy Oh my, I am getting desparate. Just don't know how much longer I can take this. How many docs is it going to take?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2001, 03:49 PM

Aw Kim,

I'm so sorry. Does this ever end????

I'm sending you a big !!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-15-2001, 03:53 PM

Ahhh Kim, big hugs to you sister.....I'm so sorry this dr couldn't have helped......he should have let you know that before you came in, it's not like he wasn't sent information ahead of time???

As far as going back to your original ob/gyn sometimes it's the only thing to do, and if anyone knows this it's me...sometimes you get them on a GOOD DAY and they are compassionate and caring and actually want to TAKE ACTION......I think they also consider the fact that they had a hand in the action that started this ball rolling!!

Having said that, I know how hard it is to do, because I did it.......you will know in your heart what the right thing is to do, the important thing at this point is to try and regroup (I know...again) and work up some strength and find someone who will give you some relief from this pain and SOON!!

Honestly, I have thought for awhile now that there should be patient advocates out there for us......maybe I could start a new business?

Sorry to ramble, I feel for ya hun, I really do, hang in there and let us know what the next step is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2001, 05:53 PM

{{Kim}},
I'm sorry he wasnt able to help but at least you gave it a shot. I know all to well your frustrations I would try your Gyn that did the surgery. Maybe he will try to figure out what is going on?? The thing I have seemed to notice with these ex Surgeons of ours is that since we arent better they dont like to think it could possibly be something they did wrong or they dont want to try and figure it out when all these tests are normal. I've always been scooted along when I kept showing up in their office complaining of pain they told me would be fixed But that is just my experiences hopefully yours will be more compassionate Hang in there....we are here for you!
Unread 05-15-2001, 06:33 PM
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Oh, Kim, I'm soooooo sorry. I know what it's like to finally get up the courage to TRY again, only to have your hopes dashed.

How many doctors have you tried?

Are you restricted by insurance?

And how frequent is your pain?

I know how little hope you must have right now if you are thinking about going back to your original doctor.

Joni
Unread 05-15-2001, 07:24 PM

Kim

I know what you mean about These dr's have us All I know it's making me DIZZY!!!

I am sending you lots of LOVE and some s

Unread 05-15-2001, 09:14 PM

Kim,
Just happened by and read your post! I am so sorry you are still not feeeling well. I have been very fortunate not to have a lot of lingering effects from hyst. I feel so much for those who do. You have encouraged me many times. I hope you know how much your post mean to "us"! Prayers are with you! Hope you can find an answer to this awful pain soon!
Love ya, deb tah/bso 7/17/00
Unread 05-16-2001, 04:52 AM
Hey Kim!

Hon, I am so sorry things didn't go well with the latest doctor's appt. I know there are some fine doctors out there, but then there are those that you just want to slap - BOINK!! - right upside the head!

I don't remember if you have tried an internist, but if you dread going back to the gyn, you might try that route. Of course, it is entirely possible that you already have. I know it gets confusing going back and forth so much! At least my internist admits to adhesions being the problem from the get-go and he is trying to work with me on it. I am trying to be optimistic, but it gets hard. Always being in pain and feeling like you live in a waiting room can really have an effect on your mental health. I know it does mine. I have so much I want to do and the body won't cooperate.

Much love and many ((hugs)) to you dear sister. I sincerely hope you find some answers soon. I'll keep you in my prayers, as always. Let us know how you are doing.

Unread 05-16-2001, 06:35 AM
<<kimmer>>>>

I truly have empathy! As do most of the ladies here...I wish I had answers. I don't...but I do have hugs. Hugs to ya sister.

Hang in there...you have my prayers. I know how hard it is just to persevere.
Unread 05-16-2001, 06:47 AM
Thanks everyone

Thanks Ladies!
and prayers go a long way. I just need to sit down and think about my next step. I do know that everything is getting so much worse. It is getting harder and harder to ignore and to push it to the back. I don't want to hide it anymore. I want answers and I want someone to take me seriously and to fix it. And I want it fixed NOW! I am so very tired of hurting and trying to smile thru the pain, when all I want to do is cry I am tired of being hopeful and than having those hopes bashed. I am tired of the docs not listening to me. I'm rambling now, sorry. Guess I am just tired

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register