Got pap/biopsy results back...have a hard decision to make :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got pap/biopsy results back...have a hard decision to make :( Got pap/biopsy results back...have a hard decision to make :(

Unread 08-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Got pap/biopsy results back...have a hard decision to make :(

Hi all. I posted a couple of weeks ago about having some bleeding after intercourse (just one time). My last LEEP was 12/04 & I had 3 clean paps last year, the last being in December '05. I wasn't scheduled for another pap until this coming December, but the bleeding worried me. The dr told me my cervix looked fine & that I probably just had an infection of some sort (I did have a slight yeast infection). This was less than a week ago & they told me my results may take awhile because the lab was so short staffed. Well, they called me yesterday & said they need to schedule another LEEP. My pap came back as CIN III with possible glandular involvement & the biopsies as atypical squamous (& then something about possibly due to cervical CIN III). I know all about the CIN III, I'm just not really clear on the rest. Can someone help me with that?

Anyway, the nurse said she scheduled the LEEP for a week from today & that if I wanted to talk to him about other options (ie hysterectomy) I could do that then. I had really hoped to not be faced with that decision anytime in the near future...I'm really not ready. But the fact that this progressed so quickly (8 months) of course has me worried. How does one make this decision when you aren't ready to? The nurse had explained that one option would be to go ahead & get pregnant after this LEEP & then they could do a C-section (which I have to anyway because I have a very narrow pelvis apparently) & then do the hyster right then & there. The problem is, my husband & I are having problems & though I'd love another, I'm trying to be responsible about not getting pregnant until we know where things are headed for us.

I don't know what to do...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2006, 12:46 PM

Samikins - this is a tough decision . I wish I knew something to say to make it easier on you. You could ask your doctor what he would recommend to his wife/daughter/sister if they were in this position. I work with a couple of repro-endocrinologists and have used this technique with them. It has helped.

The decision was taken out of my hands. My gyn said it has to be done and it has to be done NOW. I wasn't ready to get rid of my parts either but now realize that she knew what was best.

Good luck to you.
Unread 08-15-2006, 05:10 PM

I can give you some info on having a c-section then hysterectomy-I just had one 6/23. My situation was a bit different, I didn't find the cancer until 16 wks, and it was aggressive so not only did I have the hysterectomy, but 4 rounds of chemo during my 2nd and 3rd trimesters.

All turned out okay for me, my son was at 35wks (healthy-just 10 days in hosp to grow some), and I am recouping from c-sect/hyst. It is doable, but it is tough so have some help lined up. And yes-you can breastfeed after a hysta!!! I got a second opinion on my situation, you may want to do the same. Just make sure you know all your risks, if you want another go for it.

email me if you want any more info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2006, 09:31 PM

This is such a very hard decision to make,my prayer's and thought's are with you.We're here for you,take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register