Here come the jitters!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Here come the jitters!!! Here come the jitters!!!

Unread 08-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Here come the jitters!!!

Well the anxiety is finally getting the best of me. I'm not particularly frightened, just anxious about getting everything done and running my house from bed. AND my kids are starting school this week. Yesterday I woke up with hives all over my face and scalp. They are worse today. The only other times this has happened to me was when my mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and when I lost my wallet traveling in Israel. My dd broke her glasses yesterday and I went off the deep end. Poor kid-it was her birthday. Last night I started hyperventilating while I was fixing dinner. I'm freaking over my house not being clean enough for my mother! I should be washing clothes right now, but I hurt. Oh gosh, breathe Laura, breathe. I'm really losing it. I wish the hives could have taken residence somewhere other than my face.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Here come the jitters!!!

Try and take a deep breath. Evereyone goes through what you are going through. It will all be OK. Everything will be fine.
Unread 08-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Here come the jitters!!!

Hi Laura,

I know exactly how you feel......Time seems to be flying for me, and the more things I see that need done......the more I seem to "Stand" in one spot and just stare at it..... All of sudden "Clutter"seems to be driving me up the wall..!!!!

I don't get hives.....but, notice that my stomach is constantly clinched and have totally lost my appetite. I find myself shaking and feel nauseated...

We will get thru this, All our other recent "HysterSisters" have.... and have reported that the Waiting is the worse part.

Gen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Here come the jitters!!!

Laura, so sorry to hear the anxiety is getting to you, I posted a message last week seeking support when I was totally starting to lose it..so now I am trying to take it one day at a time.
I really have stopped making demands on myself to get so much done. Last October I had knee surgery and I was in alot of pain. But my loving extended family and inlaws and church group etc etc. wanted (insisted) on coming to visit. I was in tears many times in the first 2 weeks because the house wasn't good enough for visitors. I am so ashamed to admit that I yelled at my children because they weren't cleaning enough, (they were trying to take care of me too, while my husband worked, and they had homework too, God do I regret that)
So this time I have sent a tongue in cheek email to all friends and family to tell them that I feel so lucky that they care enough to want to see me, and I know that I will probably be starved for visitors week 3 or 4 post op. But I ask that they wait until then and call first. Then I added but all gifts and food will be happily accepted. Everyone emailed me back with offers to bring food by this week for the freezer and to wait until I am ready. No one was upset, and this is how I will avoid being stressed out the first while about the house, and avoid being grouchy with my dd and ds and dh. Other than that Laura we all really just have to be realistic about what truely NEEDS to be done. So what if the house is not perfect, who is judging you? Will anyone starve or will anything terrible happen if you don't do everything on your to do list?
My new motto (and it didn't come easy, I nearly had a breakdown first) is I don't want to go into surgery exhausted and stressed out. I am starting the pampering myself now!

About the hives, do you have calomine lotion?? or baking soda?
Forgive yourself about the incident with your daughter, I don't know how old she is, but kids are more understanding than we give them credit for sometimes. Tell her you are under stress. And please Laura give yourself a break. Sending you a your body is trying to tell you something!
Unread 08-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Here come the jitters!!!

"About the hives, do you have calomine lotion?? or baking soda?"

I'm using cortizone cream and benedryl at night. I'm finding chocolate and wine are helpful too.
Unread 08-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Here come the jitters!!!

Claritin works wonders for anxiety hives. It has saved me more times than I care to count. You don't need the Claritin Hive Relief since it's the same drug in a different package.
Just remember to breathe and if you feel that you must lose it give yourself a time limit. I allowed myself to completely freakout for 5 minutes, but that also means you have to scream, cry, whatever for the entire alloted time. My best friend (a psychologist) really recommends that approach when you have a lot of stress and it needs to vent somewhere. This way you vent it appropriately and it doesn't spill over to the kids or your husband.
Unread 08-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Here come the jitters!!!

Ohhh yes, I'm one day before you, and I've reached the "unable to sleep" phase of my anxiety. I keep laying there and thinking about all the things I should get done by next Thursday, but then I wake up and I'm tired already - and my uterus is still threatening to slide out and dance across the floor.

I'm never going to get it all done.
Unread 08-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Here come the jitters!!!

One day at a time,that's all we can do.I'm so sorry you're going through this,have you asked your doctor for something to help with the anxiety?No need for you to suffer,everything is going to be ok(I tell myself this!)We can do this,soon we'll be helping other sister's get through it as well,take care.
Unread 08-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone...

Hi... I know your days are coming.. but I just wanted to tell you all I did it too.. I was a mess.. I survived it and and now 2 wk post... I had a total ab w/ ovaries.. If it was not for my Dr. being so caring and I would have fallen to peices on the table.. I just wanted to say.. It will be ok.. been there and I am done.. let the house go.. the kids will have to do it.. or the Husb.. My case its just my daughters.. WoW they woke Up... Take care, If I did it anyone can.. ( biggest wa wa there is...) 's to U all.. Kitzikat....
Unread 08-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Here come the jitters!!!

Thank god I'm not the only one freaking out here. I just jumped on to this site today and feel lucky others are there with me. I am so emotional I can't stand it, my kids start school the day after my surgery next Tuesday and I just found out my unwed son is going to be a daddy at 26 along with hosting an auction/fundraiser for my sons football team, and doing fundraising for my daughters softball I guess I will make it somehow. just a little freaked at this time anticipating.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register