Strong Sexual Desire? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Strong Sexual Desire? Strong Sexual Desire?

Unread 08-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Strong Sexual Desire?

Hi ladies,

I am 2 weeks post op from a SAH, only have cervix, and I have never had such strong sexual desire! Of course my DH wont touch me until the Dr gives us the ok but is this normal? I was afraid it would be the opposite and I wouldnt want to be touched! The only HRT I am on so far is the Climara patch. Does anyone else feel this way?

Sometimes I wonder if it is so strong because I am anxious to have sex to see if it is the same, in fear that it will not be pleasurable anymore. Make sense?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Strong Sexual Desire?

This article might help you to better understand the feelings you are experiencing.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_195043.htm
Unread 08-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Strong Sexual Desire?

I read the article you linked. I am in this boat, too and was wondering if external stimulation would be ok in the next week or so? This can be PM if need be. I just don't want to hurt anything, know that nothing can go in, but just need to be touched.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Strong Sexual Desire?

My doctor told me it would be ok for personal external stimulation only a couple of weeks after surgery. You have to be careful though about introducing bacteria into the area. Ask doctor to be sure. I also had a very high drive after the surgery. It kicked in once I was off the pain pills. I think it may have something to do with my hormones trying to balance theirselves out. Now at 6 1/2 weeks post-op I have the exact opposite of a drive. DH and I are cleared once I hit eight weeks but I don't think it is going to be happening. I am having a lot of sharp pains and pressure in the area of the vaginal cuff so I need to see doc again. Don't want to do any damage. At five weeks check-up my stitches were still there they have since then started to come out. Good luck.
Unread 08-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Strong Sexual Desire?

The first two weeks i also had very high sex desire. I asked the doc and she said external stimulation was ok ,she said to be creative lol, we were and it works for the time being . went for my six week check and have to wait anouther 10 days.( boo hoo) oh well it will be worth it in the end.
Unread 08-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Strong Sexual Desire?

It seems that I always want it more when I can't have it. Wait until you get your ok. Easier said than done. Like the other women said you can still have fun just not intercourse.
Unread 08-24-2006, 02:22 AM
Strong Sexual Desire?

Yep it happened to me too in a big way. My DH was very excited about this since he was scared that I wouldn't have any desire after the hyst. We got the ok for outercourse at my two week post op but things didn't fall into place until week five. Then my DH went away for a week and came back with a cold. I was also developing a thyroid problem around this time and was far to sleepy to have much of a libido.

I was released for intercourse at week six but it didn't happen until the end of week seven due to the cold and work conflicts. I was nervous to start until my first internal stitch came out (yep I posted about that too). Our first attempt we were both extra careful but when I felt a popping sensation I ended the session. There was no blood, pain, or cramping but I was worried about the cuff. After a few days we tried again and everything was fine (there was nothing to bump into so there was no pain) . By the end of the week the 3rd try was more than fine but I was rather exhausted.

Sorry if this was

-ebeb
LAVH 6/29, 30yrs, kept ovaries
Unread 08-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Strong Sexual Desire?

Thanks for sharing your stories with me. I am scared that all of my hormones will be gone by the time we are cleared for intercourse. I see my dr next week and will definitely try to head this off before it happens!
Unread 08-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Strong Sexual Desire?

All i can say to this is:

Oh where oh where can my desire be
Oh where oh where has it gone,????????

LOL.....i certainly didnt get any of that good stuff.........the pain of it all......rofl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register