Doctor released me with no pelvic exam ?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctor released me with no pelvic exam ?? Doctor released me with no pelvic exam ??

Unread 08-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Doctor released me with no pelvic exam ??

I'm over 8 weeks post-op and was just released to do what ever I wanted. She said I could waterski, rock climb, sex, lift weights... but warned me if I do too much I could get sore, but at this point I couldn't cause any damage. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT? I'm shocked.

Since my surgery she has only talked to me and asked a few questions. I have not been examined pysically at all. IS THAT WEIRD????

I'm not complaining, I hate pelvic exams, but how does she know everything is ok up there?

What do you Ladies think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2006, 02:44 PM

I think you should make a fuss and tell her you want an exam. I think it's very irresponsible of her to do that.
Unread 08-18-2006, 03:11 PM

I agree.. Have someone (a better doctor) take a good look and make sure you are healing. ggeezzz.. what's wrong with some of these doctors. I wouldn't go rock climbing just yet. Listen to your body and stop when it tells you too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Sounds strange (no internal exam)

I just had my post op at 7 weeks and during the internal she found granulation (I had NO symptoms) and treated it with silver nitrate (which didn't hurt at all). If she hadn't checked, no one would have ever known...call your Dr. back! Or, get a different one...
Unread 08-18-2006, 06:01 PM

Mine gave me a conditional release this week (no horse riding and no bedroom antics) and said I couldn't hurt anything - even told me I could start doing housework again. (Not cool.) But I'm only at 4 weeks and she didn't do an exam either. I figured she would do one at 8, but the thing about "can't cause any damage" caught me off guard. What's up with that, do you suppose?
I would definately ask for an exam, Maui, even if just for your own piece of mind. I hate them too, but I want proof positive that all is well. We don't go through all this just to have something preventable happen. Besides, it should be the last one, right?

Z.
Unread 08-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Cleaning

To zephyr...I was wondering about the housework.... I had my SAH on July 14th and cleaned my house today...5 weeks. I am so sore!!!!! I did not vacuum or mop floors, but I did vacuum the bathroom floor with a very lightweight floor vacuum cleaner. I cleaned sinks, toilets, kitchen counters etc. DH helped so I was not cleaning for long...maybe 3 hours. He did the hard stuff like the shower and vacuuming with big vacuum. So she did say it was OK to clean... I have not had a post op visit with my doctor since day 4, so I was wondering about that.
Unread 08-18-2006, 06:58 PM

Sounds strange to me...just had my six week appt and MD did a vaginal exam, no speculum...she cleared me for everything except intercouse because she said that there were a few vaginal sutures remaining and that I needed another two weeks of abstinance. I wonder how is it alright to do "everything" else ? So next week DH and I will do the second best thing that we enjoy, we are going camping and canoeing! It will be wonderful to go swimming! good luck and ask for an exam....
Unread 08-18-2006, 07:33 PM

I had my 4 week follow up today and was released for everything except sex or anything in the vagina. I was told to start back doing things slowly and to listen to my body. I was given an internal (and rectal ) exam. Unless you are going back for another follow up within a couple of weeks, I think I might question your doctor's lack of an internal exam.
Unread 08-18-2006, 07:46 PM

I had the internal exam at about 6 weeks. I think they need to look in there and make sure everything is okey dokey!
Unread 08-18-2006, 07:52 PM

There is nothing more to say than that which was already said. Get an exam. They need to make sure everything is okay. I hate them more than anyone because of pelvic/hip/leg problems but this one time that it is definitely necessary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register