Any other ten weekers out there??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other ten weekers out there??? Any other ten weekers out there???

Unread 08-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Any other ten weekers out there???

Just wondering how my fellow sisters are doing? I have days I have more energy then I know what to do with and some days I come home and can barely function. Also have some sharp twinges internally, anyone else?
Glad to be this far along though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2006, 03:16 PM

Hi,

I actually wrote a post earlier today. I havne't felt great the past few days but have been doing sooooo much better over-all for weeks now. I don't know if I've over done it...or what but my tummy is really really sore, achy, painful even. I just tried to nap but couldn't fall asleep. I left work early today due to the stomach hurting. Maybe it's too mcuh walking etc. because you do begin to feel more like yourself and tend to do what you used to...at least almost what you used to and I guess it takes its toll. I also have alot of lower back pain...other wise....I feel almost like myself. This is all new as I said...from the last 3-4 days...just don't feel good. Oh and the swelly belly....I never got it until very recently....now...I hate my stomach!!! Swollen...poufy...whatever ya want to call it. I call it fat....even though I weigh 125. I have a big pouf!!! Hope you're well. Do you have any of these pains??? Is it normal??? Good luck with your recovery.
Unread 08-22-2006, 03:24 PM

Hi Everyone,
I am doing well. Working full days and back to exercising. My HRT is doing well. Still have some swelly belly at night. I have some days where I am really tired but I am sleeping well. Take care and keep healing.
LAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2006, 03:34 PM

I feel back to normal (had TVH, no external incisions) Very rarely, I get some twinges. The energy seems almost normal-- most days are fine, but then one day it will hit me and I'll be wiped out! But as far as movement, exercise, lifting, etc that is all back to normal. I gained about 5 lbs; am working on getting those off!
Feels good, doesn't it!?
Hugs,
Meinda
Unread 08-22-2006, 08:43 PM

Hey everyone! It is great to finally be able to get through a day and keep up with life. I do find that I don't have much energy yet and I have to push myself to keep up. Other than a few days ago, I haven't had any pain in the last few weeks. I really overdid it on the weekend though, we were camping and went hiking on a very steep and rocky trail for um, oh 5 miles, after 2 months of no activity. Yes, I was pretty sore for a few days, but that is fading now. Other than low energy, feeling wiped at the end of the day yet not being able to sleep, I'd have to say things are looking up. Still having some days where I feel pretty bummed out and cranky - anyone experiencing that? Not sure if it is hormones (on Estrogel) all wonky still or what. The swelly belly is getting better, but still wearing my "fatter than usual fat" clothes for comfort! In all though, I am glad to finally be at this point, even if it is not quite what I thought it was going to be!
Unread 08-22-2006, 09:16 PM

I have been doing really well...but I do have some sharp pains internally now and then. I was wondering if anyone else was having them and what they might be from. I don't go back to the doctor until November so I will check then.
Unread 08-23-2006, 03:50 AM

I still get very tired quickly. Not back at work yet and don't think I could sit at a desk for 8 hours yet! Will be going back part time soon. Swelly Belly still there and seems huge at the end of the day. Generally feeling OK and doing normal things, but have niggling pains in my right thigh quite a lot and don't have as much energy as I'd like to. Still great not to get a period though
Unread 08-23-2006, 09:18 AM
10 Weeks

I am glad I saw this post I am stll suffering with swelly belly and by night time it is huge.
I am also feeling bone tired some days.
My hrt is causing me to itch so talking to my doc tomorrow.
On a positive note my bust has gone from a B to a D cup and I am delighted and our sex life is better than ever!!
Unread 08-23-2006, 12:32 PM

I'm not sure if I am 10 wks, but I am close enough. I'm doing fine, but the little twinges are annoying. And why, oh why, does getting out of bed hurt the most?!?! It has taken me two months to find a position getting up that doesn't cause intense burning pain.

My bladder is not happy with all the disruption and I'm going way too often. I got some detrol today so maybe that will help.

Stephanie
Unread 08-23-2006, 01:06 PM

Hellosies!

I'm at about 10 weeks ( June16th was my date).

So far I have been doing okay ( up until this last weekend....now I have some weird pain going on where my right ovary used to be).

One thing I have noticed with my bladder though is that it does not enjoy having the rest of my organs on top of it. Sometimes when my tummy rumbles ( like after eating) I get this shuddering twinging feeling and a sudden painful urge to pee. I am thinking these are bladder spasms? At any rate it earned my bladder a name. I now call it Vlad the Bad Bladder. LOL!
On the upside though at least I can use the bathroom with no real problems.

Most days I have plenty of energy. Of course there are those days when getting out of bed seems a hassle.

My husband is still in Iraq and is not due back for another couple of months so I have no idea what intimate relations will be like.

To be honest I am kinda scared. LOL!

Aw well.

-LBS

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register