A little hysterical? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little hysterical? A little hysterical?

Unread 08-24-2006, 11:57 AM
A little hysterical?

Anyone else? My surgery is tomorrow and I was totally not expecting this anxiety. I have had surgery many times and I've never been like this. I don't have any of the "losing my uterus" concerns-good ridance. I was loading the dishwasher and I burst into tears. I hate cleaning the kitchen, but it doesn't normally reduce me to tears. Two women from my church group just showed up with two weeks worth of meals that they prepared at Entree Vous. Tears. I'm exhausted. Perhaps I'll get a good night's sleep after all of these emotions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2006, 12:03 PM
A little hysterical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphie
Anyone else? My surgery is tomorrow and I was totally not expecting this anxiety. I have had surgery many times and I've never been like this. I don't have any of the "losing my uterus" concerns-good ridance. I was loading the dishwasher and I burst into tears. I hate cleaning the kitchen, but it doesn't normally reduce me to tears. Two women from my church group just showed up with two weeks worth of meals that they prepared at Entree Vous. Tears. I'm exhausted. Perhaps I'll get a good night's sleep after all of these emotions!
Hi Laura,
I was just like you (if not worse) the day before my surgery. I cleaned my house and kept myself busy most of the day. The next morning I cried all the way to the hospital, then up until they gave me the "I don't care medicine!" I think it is called versaid..(sp?) I know how you are feeling, but keep in mind that everything is going to be okay. Once it is all done and over with you will look back and think how silly you acted.. lol At least I did. I will be praying for you and looking for the new princess on the other side..
God Bless,
Tara
Unread 08-24-2006, 12:15 PM
A little hysterical?

(( Laura ))), don't fret - you sound pretty normal to me. When I was still waiting for my hyst, I could go from laughing to crying and back again all in a matter of minutes. This is a pretty scary and emotional surgery to be facing, IMO. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was very calm the morning of my surgery. I guess it was because the wait was finally over

your wait is almost over now too. I'll be keeping you in my prayers that all goes well.
I think that it's wonderful that the ladies make you meals
S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2006, 01:28 PM
A little hysterical?

How wonderful that they brought you food! Think of it this way, you're releasing the built-up stress, so that you will be calm and ready tomorrow. Best wishes.
Unread 08-24-2006, 02:30 PM
A little hysterical?

Best wishes to you !! Don't be upset...the waiting is really the worse part. It will all be over soon and the pampering can begin. Hang in there and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers ...when you get to the hospital tomorrow ask them for something to relax you.

It was wonderful for your church to supply the food. That's great. When i got home from the castle a few friends brought meals and it was wonderful. Its one less thing to stress about.

Best wishes and take care !!
Unread 08-24-2006, 03:09 PM
A little hysterical?

I'm with you Elphie, I've been a mess all day. And had to do the bowel prep this afternoon, so that is just making matters worse. I've felt like I was going to toss my cookies all day. I will be sooooo glad when this is over. I don't think I've ever been so nervous about anything in my life. And I don't like this feeling at all.
Best wishes to you with your surgery and for a speedy recovery. I'll keep you in my prayers and pray for a smooth castle experience. See you on the other side. Teresa
Unread 08-24-2006, 03:55 PM
A little hysterical?

Best wishes ELPHIE and BUNDLEofNERVES for your surgeries and recoveries. Post when you are able!
Unread 08-24-2006, 04:30 PM
A little hysterical?

Thanks everyone! I'm having a glass of wine right now and I'm going to go pack my bag in a minute. I have to be at the castle at 5:45 am-no time for anything but a shower in the morning.

Teresa and other August 25ers-see you after our coronations!
Unread 08-24-2006, 04:38 PM
A little hysterical?

May God bless you Elphie. Talk to you on the other side. Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register