100 temp | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-24-2006, 06:31 PM
100 temp

we sisters i felt like i was burning up so db took my temp and said it was 100.2, i will call doc in the morning, but i was wondering if anyone else had a temp and does it mean infection? thank-you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2006, 06:47 PM
100 temp

my doctor told me that my temp would probably be higher than normal as my body had been 'under attack' and was healing and that I shouldn't worry unless it hit 101 and at that point I should only worry enough to call her and tell her.

Hope all is well!
Unread 08-25-2006, 05:38 AM
100 temp

Same here, I had a day or two where I ran a temp. I was told not to be concerned unless it hit over 101. I know that we don't normally give patients anything unless it hits that anyway. Your body is trying to take care of its own problem. It is reacting to the trauma--could also be that you need more water. If you are dry/dehydrated you will run a temperature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2006, 05:41 AM
100 temp

I am three weeks out and still have a temp ranging from 99.5 to 100.5 and my dr. said that is normal and nothing to worry about. I get overly hyper about my temp. My normal is 96.4 instead of the 98.6 but that doesn't seem to make a difference in how high my temp can go before calling.
Unread 08-25-2006, 05:44 AM
100 temp

Martie, I'm like you, I run a low temp, but they still look at that "101" as being a magical number for some reason. My PCP, however pays attention to the difference, If I'm over 100, he gets concerned and acts accordingly. I've been borderline, running 99.5-100 and have one small area draining on my incision. We'll see...
Unread 08-25-2006, 07:32 AM
100 temp

thank-you all so very much! i feel alot better now
Unread 08-25-2006, 08:58 AM
100 temp

My temp hasn't been above 97.5 on the few times I have taken it.

Wishing you well and keep us posted on what the doc says.
Unread 08-25-2006, 11:15 AM
100 temp

Same here..im 11 days post op and still run a slight temp of upto 100 every now and again
hope it settles back down real soon for you
Hugs
Unread 08-25-2006, 04:25 PM
100 temp

I started running a temp night before last and yesterday...ranging from 99-100.8 I was experiencing excruciating and I mean that in the worst way......gas pains, heaviness down below, had a horrible headache ....actually I felt like I had the flue. The day before the temp I had called the doctor because I was experiencing burning while peeing. He prescribed on the phone an antibiotic. The temp continued into the next day so I called him (and wouldn't you know it....it had to be his emergency number cause Thursdays they are closed). He asked me to come this morning to the office (I live an hour away). After examining me he said I had a severe UTI (probably due to the catheter having to be reinserted he said). He prescribed me another antibiotic to take with the first one and another script that is suppose to take the acid out of the urine so it doesn't burn. The weird thing is that after that initial first day of me feeling like I had a UTI I truely don't feel that it is that .....but who knows. I DO KNOW that when he placed his hand on my belly I about went thrue the roof.....and he said"yep.....you have an infection!" Guess time will tell. I am still having HORRIBLE gas attacks which I had not experienced till this all came about.
Unread 08-25-2006, 07:10 PM
100 temp

Hi Sisters, I Went To The Doc And I Have Uti He Gave Me Antibiotics To Take, Just Took The Second One And Now I Deal With There Side Affects But It Will Pass, And I Havent Had A High Temp All Day So Maybe It Was Due To Uti, I Guess Ill Wait And See, Thanks For Being Here For Me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register