Very concerned | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very concerned Very concerned

Unread 08-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Angry - Very concerned Very concerned

I had a TVH a week ago today. 6 years ago, I had a sling put in and have had no problems with it. Since the hysterectomy, I have been "leaking" again. Please tell me that this is just recovery from surgery and not that the sling is not working now. I do not want to go through all that again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Very concerned

I had a similar problem. I had a TAH 4 wks., 3 days ago. A week or so post op I started leaking (mainly with position changes and coughing, sneezing and sometimes for no reason). I had never had bladder problems before. I called Doc and first they tested me for UTI and I did not have one but, I took antibiotics anyway. Then, since things weren't getting better, they put me on Detrol. I was still having leakage after taking the med for a week. So, I insisted on seeing my MD. I saw her on Tues. and she thought it was probably just bladder spasms, trama from surgery, or that maybe a stitch or something was causing irritation. She wanted to be sure so she referred me to a urologist for further testing. I couldn't get an appt. until Sept. 13 so I haven't gone yet. The good news is that I stopped leaking yesterday. So, my advice is to call your Doc since you have had prior bladder issues. Hopefully you are just having bladder spasms and nothing else is going on. It took me nearly 3 wks. and 3 calls to the MD's office before finally getting an appt. So, if you are really concerned or if they try different treatments and the don't work, insist that you get an appt. Well, I hope this has helped you. I know I was beside myself for 3 wks. thinking I had a fistula or something was really wrong but, it seems everything is ok now. Let me know how it's going and hang in there. It really does get better!
Unread 08-26-2006, 06:41 AM
Very concerned

Thank you for your advice and input. I had pretty much planned on calling my MD. I was totally stress incontinent for 2 yrs after having my son. It was embarrasing and humiliating. That surgery was a 6 week recovery and I just don't want to do it again. I was just wondering how common this condition is after a hysterectomy. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Very concerned

This may not work for you so early in your healing process and I don't know if this will help anyone else, but a funny thing happened to me with my "leaking" problems. Since I have been single since my surgery, I was not sexually active-- until recently. Before I became sexually active I had frequent leaking problems. Ever since I became sexually active again, I have had none. I told my gyn about it. She laughed and came to the same conclusion I did . . . maybe the sex has been causing some kegal type of workout, and has done the trick. Good luck! I hope you find an answer (btw, I still don't have the "strength" to stop a urine flow once it starts, but now I have enough to keep it from starting)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register