Good days and Bad Days at Four Weeks Post -OP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good days and Bad Days at Four Weeks Post -OP Good days and Bad Days at Four Weeks Post -OP

Unread 08-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Good days and Bad Days at Four Weeks Post -OP

Today is not one of my better days Seems like I do good one day and am down the next..... Does anyone else feel this way?? I also started spotting brown blood. I am sure it is old stuff from before, but have not had any spotting in a week. My belly went way down until this morning. I put a pair of shorts on , zipped and buttoned them and within an hour I had to undo them because of my belly. All I did yesterday was have lunch with a friend and cooked an easy dinner.. What is going on here?? I did sweep very gently this morning and wiped down the bathrooms without bending to much, but thats it! Do you think that is to much? I am almost four weeks post op, I should be able to do all of the normal stuff that I used to in two weeks right? I can't wait to start working out, work in my yard, paint my house... Not until the Dr. releases me of course. Just want to be as active as I used to be..................
Thanks for listening,
Tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2006, 07:10 PM

[b]I know what you mean..I was4 weeks yesterday..somedays I am great and other times I seem to be a bit tired..I went back to most of my life by two and a half weeks...and I walk two to three miles a day but somedays I am tired and do not do as much...somedays I have no tummy then out of the blue it is a tummy day...who knows what that is all about....hang in there sister we will be back in the game of life soon....annie
Unread 08-25-2006, 07:28 PM

I agree. I went back to work too soon even though the sisters told me not to. I don't hurt or bleed or anything but am just plain tired some evenings. Also I wore jeans for the first time today and my belly swelled quite a bit. I came home and put on loose shorts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2006, 07:54 PM

Something about that darn cleaning that just gets you. I am 5 weeks post-op and wash down one little half bath my stomach is killing me. Not only that but there is pain the the vagina. What's up with that!
Unread 08-25-2006, 07:58 PM

Tata1975,

Hang in there Sweetie. Week 4 was the hardest week for me.

My doc's most popular advise has always been, "listen to your body."

And as for the Swelly Belly.....welcome to the club. I'm at 3 mos and STILL have it around. urgh.
Unread 08-25-2006, 08:01 PM

Hi there Tata...You are NOT alone! I have been up and down since 2 weeks out. My doctor says it's not hormones, but I really don't believe it. Just be careful until (and really after) the doctor releases you. I don't think you can be too careful, but you can be too eager to get back to normal. You are about 1 1/2 weeks behind me, so just be aware to be careful...keep yourself busy, but not too active. It's really a fine line. I went back to work this week and worked 20 hours. That was just about right for me, but I was tired. Everyone is different so listen to your body. Good luck!
Unread 08-26-2006, 06:21 PM

I think you're right. I had a LAVH 7 weeks ago and I have PMS and my hormones are all over the place. I kept my ovaries so I hope that'll get better as we go along. Hang in there!

Teresa
Unread 08-26-2006, 07:47 PM

How is any weight loss going for you sisters? Just wandering, I had a LAVH and they took the right ovary, on July 27...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register