Pre-Op Humor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Pre-Op Humor

Last night at dinner, my family and I were discussing our schedule for the next week, as Sept. 13 is coming fast. I am scheduled for a TAH/BSO, with removal of a large (12cm) ovarian cyst. My 11 year old DS was asked if he remembered what was happening that day. He said yes, he did, that it was "Operation Lump Extraction" day. My DBF then dubbed the day as "Olé Day". It really did me some good to have some humor injected into such a scary event for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Pre-Op Humor

I agree that humor can be helpful when we're facing a stressful event
your day is getting closer.
Best wishes.

S
Unread 09-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Pre-Op Humor

That is great, that they are handling it in a positive way! At least, I think humor is positive! When my DBF and I were talking about post-op, he referred to it as my 'vacation' and I referred to it as 'my unfortunate incarceration'. It did help to have humor in the picture!

Good luck with your surgery, best wishes for an uneventful operation and a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Pre-Op Humor

I agree! Humor is the best medicine. Wanna hear mine? Last time I was in for surgery, my best friend came to visit me on Day 2. It was right when I was, um, trying to pass gas so I could go home. The nurses were urging me walk around to speed things up. Let's just put it this way, my friend was witness to my (loud) success! She came back a few hours later with something rolled up and tied with a ribbon. It was a certificate! She congratulated me on my flatulance, noted my nomination for "most likely to clear a room" and displayed the certificate on my bulletin board. Everyone who saw it cracked up!!! I still have that thing (though I shoved it in the cedar chest for safe keeping)
Unread 09-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Pre-Op Humor

Thanks for sharing your humorous stories. I think it will help all of us "ladies in waiting" to see a thread that is funny right now.

Nancy
Unread 09-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Pre-Op Humor

Your post brought a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing it.
Unread 09-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Pre-Op Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonojjb
I agree! Humor is the best medicine. Wanna hear mine? Last time I was in for surgery, my best friend came to visit me on Day 2. It was right when I was, um, trying to pass gas so I could go home. The nurses were urging me walk around to speed things up. Let's just put it this way, my friend was witness to my (loud) success! She came back a few hours later with something rolled up and tied with a ribbon. It was a certificate! She congratulated me on my flatulance, noted my nomination for "most likely to clear a room" and displayed the certificate on my bulletin board. Everyone who saw it cracked up!!! I still have that thing (though I shoved it in the cedar chest for safe keeping)
LOL Those Ladies in Waiting will appreciate this more when they are the Post Op Lady awaiting a fart.

Jule
Unread 09-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Pre-Op Humor

Thanks for the laughs ladies!!!!!!
Unread 09-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Pre-Op Humor

Ole!
Unread 09-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Pre-Op Humor

Now that was cute. My eight year old says my surgery is ruining his life. Go figure!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register