back home and back online! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back home and back online! back home and back online!

Unread 05-19-2001, 07:55 AM
back home and back online!

I had a TVH on Tues 5-15. Also had a bladder repair due to a cystocele. Was supposed to have ovaries removed but Dr said they look fine and were too high up to reach vaginally and didn't want to give me an incision. Which is fine with me! I am doing ok with the pain as long as I keep taking something (percocet). but I have been nauseated since I came out of surgery especially the second day. I have been eating a little and keeping it down, but my stomach is still upset all the time. And of course I am very tired. I have been away from this site for awhile because my monitor broke so I got a new one and got it hooked up last night by my hubby of course. I am glad to be able to get into this site! Well, does anyone have any suggestions for the nausea? How long does it last? Well, maybe I will lose weight too, I am sure it can't hurt!
Glad it is over!
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2001, 08:26 AM
Nausea

Hi Tracy, Welcome Home!!! If I were you, I would call the Doctor and get something called in for the Nausea! My Doctor gave me Reglan Tablets and they work Wonderful!!! Can you call the Doctors answering service and have them get ahold of your Doctor? It is not good to be Throwing up since you just had Major Surgery!!! Take it easy and Rest and dont do anything to hurt yourself!!! And Please call your Doctor!!! Here is to a Speedy Recovery to you
Unread 05-19-2001, 12:00 PM

My TVH was on 5/4 and they sent me home the next day. I tried eating small amounts and using crackers just like in pregnancy to keep the meds down. But after a few days found didn't need the strongs meds, so hang in there. I had rectocele in place of your cystocele and most of my problems have come from that, not the TVH. Otherwise I suggest getting something for nausea. There are no medals for "heros" and you have to be out of pain to heal properly. I was suprised how much sleeping I did the first week even without meds. So let that body heal! Don't make the mistake that without an outside incision, you must be back to normal! Take your time. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2001, 12:04 PM

Hi Tracey, welcome home and welcome back. Nausea is a pain, this might sound daft but could be partly wind related - I often end up feeling sick with wind. Might be worth trying some peppermint cordial in warm water. Now if you mix in that some milk of magnesia then that should get rid of any wind plus take away some of the sickly feel. Ginger is also very good for sickness, either crystalised or in biscuit form. I'm sorry to say you will feel tired for a while but it does get better. Take care and keep us posted.
Unread 05-19-2001, 12:11 PM
Different Pain med

I had a TAH w/ BSO May 11 and I requested Vicodin on the 5th day as I felt I was scratching my nose off my face. I like the Vicodin better. Better sleep, not those wild dreams, and you don't get an upset stomach. I tried to go all day yesterday without taking any but ended up taking 1 at 6:00. Not too bad. I am about to take one now as I am sitting and walked around the block today. Take it easy and slow I'm right there with you.

Kat-I
Unread 05-19-2001, 06:17 PM

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the replies and suggestions, I will sure use them! The nausea is a little better today. It is our 22nd anniversary today so I am going to get dressed and we are going to go out to eat and come right back home and I will go to bed....My sweet husband deserves SOMETHING on our anniversary! I only took one pain pill today and then later I took some Ibuprofen and that helped too. I will probably just take the pain pills at night before bed from now on, unless I really need it.
Again thanks!
Tracy
Unread 05-19-2001, 06:30 PM

Tracy,
The sisters are right saltine crackers are the best. They really do help to settle your tummy during this time in your recovery. You should check with your Dr if it still continues into Mon.
Some of it could be the anesthesia and seditives still in your body. Everyone agrees it takes about 2 wks to clear your system. REst, Rest and more Rest!!(((Hugs))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register