Update -- doing well | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update -- doing well Update -- doing well

Unread 05-20-2001, 09:28 PM
Update -- doing well

I had my most recent 3-month follow-up exam last week. I was diagnosed with borderline ovarian cancer when I had my hysterectomy for hyperplasia. I did have uterine cancer, but it was early stage and curable. I did not need chemo but was told by my gyn oncologist to see my gyn every 3 months for 2 years. On the last visit, he said everything was ok. Next visit scheduled for August. Coming up on my one-year anniversary next month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2001, 11:58 PM
Update -- doing well

, way to go Linda I am so happy that your checkup was good. And nearly a year too. Let's celebrate Congratulations x x x
Unread 05-21-2001, 06:01 AM
Update -- doing well

Congratulations!!!

What great news!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2001, 06:04 AM
Update -- doing well

Great news Linda!!!
That is indeed reason to celebrate!!! :circle:
Congratulations on a great checkup!
All the best!
Maria
Unread 05-21-2001, 10:29 AM
Update -- doing well

Hi Linda:

I was just thinking about you, and I saw this post. Glad to hear about your good report. My oncologist said I'd be sick of seeing him so often, and I said I'd be glad to see him everyday if he got all the cancer out of me. Guess what? He was right. I'm already sick of him. For some reason, he has me coming in every 2 months for the first year. So far, all reports have been good. May 30 is my next one.

It's hard to believe it's been almost a year for both of us. Time flies when you're having fun.

Hope the other things you've been having trouble with have straightened themselves out.

Still waiting on you to visit your relatives in Tennessee!
Unread 05-22-2001, 07:28 AM
Update -- doing well

Woo-Hoo!! Thanks for sharing the great news with us Linda!! I wish you the best of health in the future too!!
Unread 05-22-2001, 08:00 PM
Pap Test Post-Op

Does anyone know why the Pap test is MUCH MORE UNCOMFORTABLE POST-OP? I had my first post-op Pap test a few weeks ago and it really "pinched." I know that when there is no cervix (as in my case), they do the Pap test on your vaginal wall. I was just told last night by a friend that they actually do a biopsy. Can someone clarify this for me? My doctor didn't say anything about a biopsy. I told the nurse when I came in that I was there for my 3-month follow-up appointment and a Pap test. And, what is the normal time frame to get the results of a Pap test? The secretary told me it takes about a month and that if I don't hear from them that everything was ok. I have always received a form letter from my previous doctors showing that the Pap test and the mammograms were normal. I just had a mammogram on Saturday for a follow-up on my breast biopsy done in November. When I called the surgeon's office to tell them the date of my mammogram, his secretary said they would call me when they got the results and that the doctor usually has the patient come in for an office visit.
Unread 05-22-2001, 10:53 PM
Update -- doing well

Hi Linda, My first pap smear ( it is actually called a vault smear after the cervix is gone, bet a man thought that one up ) was painful as well, I think this is maybe due to the scar tissue and being tender in that area for awhile after the op. I didnt think that they did biopsies unless there was some areas of doubt, but that is only my experience.
Over here in Australia, our results from the smears are back within 7 - 10 days. The doctor's receptionist always says that the dr. will ring with the results but I was advised years ago by my gynocologist to ring and get the results personally as sometimes they are overlooked. It is your health and you should pursue it. I do to the point of being a nuisance. Take care x x
Unread 05-23-2001, 04:36 AM
Update -- doing well

I haven't had a PAP yet since my surgery, so I don't know about the comfort, but I could see where it might be extra tender there at the scar site. My results used to take 7-10 days when they were sent to the local lab, but now that my insurance says they need to go to Kansas it takes 10-14 days. My doctor always says to call in for the results. At this office you know right away if it's a good report or not because the receptionist will either tell you it's negative or she'll tell you to hold for the doctor (I hate that line!!) It would drive me crazy (but that's just me) to hear nothing and have to assume it's OK.
Unread 05-24-2001, 07:12 AM
Update -- doing well

Yeah Linda!

So glad to hear about your good checkup! That is such wonderful news! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Here's to many more in the future!

I haven't had a pap since my hyst but thanks for reminding me, its time! Guess I'll soon be finding out if it feels any different.

{[hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register