Thank You, Thank You, Thank You All Of You!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You All Of You!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You All Of You!!!

Unread 09-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You All Of You!!!

Today I saw my oncologist concerning the spread of Stage 1A endometrial cancer that was removed during my TAH on 7/26 to my vulva??

Because of you sisters and your terrific advice, I became much more proactive in my care and have done much research. I've gone to every appointment with a list of questions and have been told by my doctor's that they have never had a patient quite as prepared as I have been.

I provide the doctor a copy of my questions and we go through each one in detail. I would never have known what questions to even consider without your input and I'm so thankful to each of you.

By insisting on answers, I've had an additional CT scan and C125 blood test. Neither showed cancer. The "vulva" cancer they found is not really "vulva" cancer, it is endometrial cancer that spread to my lower vagina. Having further tests and not relying solely on the biopsy determined this. These tests would not have been done had I not insisted and I would not have done so without the wealth of knowledge and experience from all of you!

So far, as of today, the doctor's indicate the cancer that has spread to my vagina is "superficial" and the treatment planned so far is a regimen of radiation and light doses of Cisplatin at the same time.

Through my insistence, I'm also going to have an MRI tomorrow just to determine the stage of the cancer and how "deep" into the vagina it has spread, even though the oncologist doesn't think it's real necessary.

I don't mean to be a "pain" to my doctors but this is MY life and I just feel like I have to make sure I understand what's happening and that every question is answered.

I'm still pursuing a second opinion (should have an appointment within the next week) and have had my records faxed to the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance which is made up of three cancer centers in Seattle. They have a team of gynecologic oncologists there and they will meet with me and then coordinate with my oncologist in my town to determine the best treatment.

I'm feeling SO MUCH MORE confident about this now.

I know it's pretty extreme to say I owe you my life, but I feel I now have a little control and I'm holding my doctor's accountable at every turn. They really are terrific but I'm not sure some of these answers would have been found had I not questioned more.

THIS SITE IS A GODSEND AND SO ARE ALL OF YOU SISTERS! MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO EACH OF YOU FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES AND HAVING A PART IN MY EMPOWERMENT!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2006, 08:21 PM
You Go Girl!!!

Dear Vin,

I am sooooo proud of you for taking charge of your care. I feel the same way about "Our Sisters", I could not have made it without them. I too was well armed at EVERY dr.'s appointment.

Glad you have a 2nd Back-up Team looking over everything. I'm very proud and I know you are too. Keep up the good work!

All the VERY best.
Unread 09-20-2006, 08:38 PM

Oh, VLN, I'm so glad to hear that your diagnosis is becoming clearer, and that a treatment plan is being formulated. I'm sure that you are going to respond very well to the treatments.

You did such a great job of getting an impossible situation under control. I hope you feel strong and empowered! Hey, it's all worth it, isn't it, so you can live long and prosper?

Keep up the good work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2006, 04:30 AM

VLN- "BRAVO".....and you are right about our helping sisters, they are all amazing. We have got to be our own health avocate, and you sure know what your doing. Please keep us updated, and be well. -tina
Unread 09-21-2006, 04:46 AM

vln: I am so happy that we have been able to help you. I really think this site has several things going for it, and most important of those, giving women the opportunity to know what questions to ask of their doctors BEFORE they get to the doctor, and then shoulders to lean on as they go through their treatment.

We'll be here for you. I know when I finally had a "plan of action" -- no matter how scared I was -- I felt like I was finally doing something to fight my cancer, and felt so much better. I hope you do too.
Unread 09-22-2006, 05:41 AM

VLN - not only are you a princess but you are a WARRIOR!
Good for you and keep us up to date on what is happening.
Unread 09-22-2006, 04:36 PM

I applaud you, vln, for taking charge of your life. You go girl!
Unread 09-22-2006, 06:08 PM

Good luck to you. Taking charge of your life is very empowering. anna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register