How has the H changed you (for the better)? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How has the H changed you (for the better)? How has the H changed you (for the better)?

Unread 09-22-2006, 01:34 PM
How has the H changed you (for the better)?

Just checking in with everyone. Still recovering nicely. Took a short walk today. I was wondering how the H affects different people in positive ways. As for me (1) I am now a non-smoker, (2) I have replaced my diet cokes with water and cranberry juice, (3) II have learned that it all doesn't have to get done "today".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2006, 01:57 PM

Hi Lacynia,

Good for You!!

Put me in the "wish I'd done it sooner" column. The best thing for me phsyically is no pain and even with swelly belly, I don't get any more questions about my "due date!"

And the biggest life lessons I've learned are how to ask for help and not having to always feel as if I have to be in control and take care of everyone else... I ignored my own needs for too many years. The hyst forced me to focus on me finally!! And I live alone so I can practice that alot without feeling guilty about ignoring anyone else, either.
Unread 09-22-2006, 02:01 PM

I feel liberated!! No more pain or bleeding. I am more active and healthy than I ever have been. Don't really get swelly belly anymore and really am enjoying life. I am definitely in the 'no regrets' category.

Mar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2006, 02:01 PM

I'd have to say I'm happier...not as grumpy due to all the pain that uterus of mine was causing me. I'm still sore from surgery, but not in PAIN anymore and I find myself smiling more and enjoying life itself better.
Unread 09-22-2006, 02:33 PM

I'm healthier, feel so much better than before. That uterus and those fibroids were just sucking the energy out of me!

I've learned that I'll live if my floor isn't vaccuumed..

I've learned just how many wonderful people I have in my life to be thankful for and that I love...

I've learned to take it easy and just let what is be what it is...

I've learned that I don't always have to be the caretaker...and that it feels nice not to be...

I guess that's about it.....best wishes for uneventful recoveries!
Unread 09-22-2006, 03:06 PM

I feel so much better. No more having to plan activites around my period. I also am much more committed to taking really good care of myself by exercising, losing weight (8 lbs to date) and eating healthy. Wish I had done it sooner!
Unread 09-22-2006, 03:16 PM

How my hyster changed my life?? Hmm. . .

I learned who really cares about me. . .

I learned what life's like w/o terrible pain or heavy bleeding. . . Wonderful!

I learned how strong I really am. . .

I learned that life actually doesn't revolve around periods!

And I have a really beautiful tummy for the first time in 23 yrs!
Unread 09-22-2006, 04:50 PM

I have really learned who is a friend and who from your family cares, it's an amazing wake up call.
Unread 09-22-2006, 05:34 PM

I learned that if you get sick and need help my family will come through for me. I found out I have friends I never knew I had and I have some people around me who have really stuck with me and prayed me through some of the worst times of my life.

I learned that even with my disability (I have severe arthritis and scoliosis, degenerative joint disease) I can exercise. I have now started an exercise program every morning. I have never exercised before because I didn't think I could. So that's a biggy and exercising has helped my chronic back pain tremendously.

Plus I changed my diet tremendously (had to because of the anemia and in preparation of surgery) so now I eat very healthy.

I learned i don't have to be supermom, superwife, and superwoman, I can delegate some of this stuff to other people who will help. I don't have to do everything, before the H I was doing everything, now I share assignments.

Mostly, I appreciate every single day I have energy, no period, don't have to wonder when the big gush is coming and where I will be when it comes (because of course it never came when it was convenient).

But for some odd reason, I'm eating healthy, exercising but I still haven't been able to lose weight. I'm steadily gaining and I don't know why? If anybody out there can help a sister out, please do.
Unread 09-22-2006, 07:21 PM

I am about 1 1/2 weeks post LAVH. I have definitely found out who my friends truly are. I have once again been reminded of what a great family I have. Couldn't have gotten through this without them. They are my angels.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register